Trailer Weight

socalbob

Has anyone took their rig to a truck scale, and got real weight vs the factory weight ? I plan on doing this with my 3400RL when I pick it up. Just curious to see how colse factory weight is.

Bob

phranc

socalbob... My scale receipts are packed away, but as I remember I was within a hundred lbs. of factory. That is 100 more than factory published .
There could of been some misc. stuff in trailer .. All in all real close ..

socalbob

Well I picked up the Trailer last night. Took it stright to scales from the dealer. Trailer empty 12,420

Options : Aluminum Rims, High Gloss gel, Electric rear jacks, Counter top extension, Hi-back desk chair, Euro Recliners, Central Vac, Fireplace, Pillow package, Rvia, King of the Mountain pak.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
When you say empty, I guess that means none of your personal property in the trailer yet. Keep in mind that the dealer filled the propane tanks, and may have filled the freshwater tank, which would also add weight.

I'm not sure about the Heartlands, but a few years ago, when I tried delivering RV's for a living (big joke on me!!), many of the manufacturers didn't even put a battery in the trailers to be delivered to the dealer, so that could be another source of added weight.

svd

Don't forget the pin weight. My 3400 RL shows a weight of 10,725lbs, and a hitch weight of 1940lbs. Thats a total of 12,665 lbs. That is right where it shoud be.
Steve

socalbob

Steve, the dry weight of the trailer includes the hitch weight. Options are not included in the brochure weight.

Bob

svd

One of the reasons we liked the Heartland, was that the listed weights did include options. If you look at your axle ratings, they are 6,000lb. That supports a total weight of 12,000lbs. If the pin weight were already included in the total weight, than you would be overweight before loading anything into the trailer. The gross vehicle weight rating (axle load, plus pin weight, plus loaded items) is 14,000lbs. At least that is the way it was explained to me.
Steve