Landmark vs Carriage Cameo

Did any of you Landmark owners evaluate/consider Carriage Cameo before making you decision. If so, what swayed you to Heartland?

lleach

Yes, it was between the Cameo and Landmark and we chose the Landmark for value, floor plan and cost. We have the Augusta model and love it. You can't go wrong with a Hearland.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Did any of you Landmark owners evaluate/consider Carriage Cameo before making you decision. If so, what swayed you to Heartland?

Hey guys,
try doing a search on herer for "Carriage" or "Cameo" and you should find some old threads with discussions.

Good luck,
Mark

P.S. I think you should look at the Landmark myself.None

flamingknitter

Just my personal bias here - My Sister-in-law and her husband have a cameo. It is a very nice, but....It is much smaller, fewer slides, and generally doesn't have the fine finishes that my Augusta has. It also has that step down, like a motor home, in front of the door. I have almost broken my ankle stepping into it when the door was closed. As I recall, storage for the septic hoses is a tub like cupboard. No electric return reel for the power cord either.

jtcfishing

We looked at a Cameo in Kentucky, and liked it enough that we went back a week or so later to take pictures of it, so that we would have them to compare when we went to look at the Landmark. We made the comparison between the two in one weekend. Having the look of the Cameo fresh in our minds and the pictures too. We found that for us, the Landmark had more quality woodwork. Over all we felt that for us the Landmark was a better value for the money and had quality work.

jpmorgan37

Tom & Penny;

We looked at many different fifth wheels, including Carriage when we bought our Landmark three years ago. We have never been sorry for many reasons, but the number 1 thing that I will say is that you will not find any manufacturer that will give you more support than Heartland. How many have the owners, engineers, production supervisors and customer relations managers that personally answer the owners questions here on the forum? Most of us feel that we have the factory behind us all the way. Just my opinion.

John

Hi , We compared Cameo to Landmark and bought the Landmark. Carraige is a nice unit but the Cameo is 2 to 4 inch's narrower than most others. We really do like our Augusta.