12 volt fuses not labeled

2010augusta

I was wondering what fuses # 13 and # 14 are for? I thought they were spares, but the idiot light comes on when removed, and there is no label for them on the diagram.

jbeletti

The red LED indicates the fuse is blown - i.e. an open circuit. Removing a fuse opens the circuit - same as if it were blown - hence the light.

I have sent a request to the plant, requesting information on circuits 13 & 14. Hope to hear back next week sometime. If they are unmarked - it is likely they are unused circuits.

Jim

jbeletti

Fuses 13 & 14 in your Landmark are for the Refrigerator and the Ceiling Vent Fans. While your refrigerator runs on AC power or Propane Gas, there is a 12 volt circuit that powers various aspects of the refrigerator.

For all, below is an image of the fuse and breaker panel markings for current (units built since November 2008) Landmarks and Bighorns.

Jim

//heartlandowners.org/attachments/forum/ac_dc_panels_lm-bh.jpg

HOSS

Jim, I have 2009 Bighorn 3670rl bought early last January 2008. Does this fuse and breaker layout apply. If so I am going to print it out to keep in the BH. Thanks

HOSS

jbeletti

Jim, I have 2009 Bighorn 3670rl bought early last January 2008. Does this fuse and breaker layout apply. If so I am going to print it out to keep in the BH. Thanks

HOSS

With the exception of fuses 13 and 14, I believe the rest will apply to your pre-Nov 2008 unit.

Jim

grizzlygiant

I believe the "red idiot light" comes on only when there is a load connected to the circuit which has a blown fuse (or fuse removed). If you want to know which circuits have a parasitic load (CO detector, etc) you can turn off all lights, etc, and pull the fuses. Red lights will light only on those circuits with parasitic loads. I pull the "red light" circuits to maximize the charging of my solar battery maintainer.