Hey! Senor! You need my seester...she is a Dentist....

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
The VA is really funny about getting you into seeing a dentist. You only get a couple of shots at seeing one without a note from the Secretary of Veterans Affairs.

However, should you be service connected at the 100% rate, you get to line up to try the great dental lottery.

If you are not be eligible or feel like waiting 90+ days, you might think of going south of the border. I know there are going to be 50 posts telling you how dangerous Mexico is. BUT, there sure are a lot of Norte Americanos heading south of the border to get their dental, perscriptions, glasses and hearing aids. And, a lot of them have some horror stories about American Dentists.

Here are the links to a gentlemans site where he did a pretty good job researching about it. This is about the best that I've seen on the subject. Check it out and make up your own mind.

Mexican Dentistry Part 1

Mexican Dentistry Part 2

[url=http://rvnow.rvtravel.com/2008/12/rv-dental-tourism-in-mexico-part-iii.html] Mexican Dentistry Part 3 [/URL]

Mexican Dentistry Part 4

Mexican Dentistry, Optical, and Pharmacy, Part 5

Last edited:

Tom of Ypsi

We used a Mexican dentist for the first time last year and we were completely satisfied. Went back to the same dentist last week to make an appointment and we were met like we were long lost family. We would recommend going to one that is known by the past and present users.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
We used a Mexican dentist for the first time last year and we were completely satisfied. Went back to the same dentist last week to make an appointment and we were met like we were long lost family. We would recommend going to one that is known by the past and present users.

I'm planning on wintering over this year at Stilwell Ranch. There used to be a border crossing about 3 miles from there...the little Mexican town is just about gone. And, they did some pretty good dentistry too. There are others up and down the border. You can't throw a rock without hitting a dentist.

The motto along the border used to be, "If we can't beg, borrow or steal it...we'll make it for you in 20 minutes." I used the dentists in Juarez or Zarogosa for a lot of my dental needs when I was stationed at Ft Bliss. Those guys could get you in and out so fast they would make your head swim.

Literally thousands from the States go across daily...and some of those offices are open 24 hours a day!

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Sure don't like the subject name... kind of disrespectful leaning towards racism!

Eh!

Initially, I was just going to ignore this...cause no matter in what direction I go here, I'm going to be wrong.

I'm sorry that you don't understand my rough West Texas Humor. Every title of every message that I've posted to this part of the forum has been humorous in nature.

I would appreciate it, in the future, should anything I post here offend you that you would simply drop me a private message about it. That way the others who do get the play on words can respond as they wish.

Sundance_kid

Initially, I was just going to ignore this...cause no matter in what direction I go here, I'm going to be wrong.

I'm sorry that you don't understand my rough West Texas Humor. Every title of every message that I've posted to this part of the forum has been humorous in nature.

I would appreciate it, in the future, should anything I post here offend you that you would simply drop me a private message about it. That way the others who do get the play on words can respond as they wish.

Right on, Lefty........:D