JT's Level 1

jpmorgan37

I was browsing new products (ie. stuff I don't have) and ran across this. I thought that it was pretty neat. I haven't ordered it (yet) but it will probably be on my list. JT's LVL 1

John

Niles

I looked it over and it is going on the (I want it list) called the local dealer and he hasn't heard of it yet. He is going to call on Monday and get the pricing, I'll bet it's cheap.:D:D Thanks for showing it.

Delaine and Lindy

Our 5th wheel comes with the JT's LVL 1, however I haven't used it yet. I'm still using the Hobby bubble level for front to rear and the Giant bubble level on the pin box for side to side leveling. It seems to be a neat gadget. GBY....

jpmorgan37

Lindy;

If you do use it, please let us know what you think and how it works. Sounds like a good idea.

John

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
We got one when we got our stabilizers. It works OK, but we still double check with a regular level on the entrance way floor. Mark put the level sensor under the bottom drawer in the kitchen so it is in about the middle of the trailer. He thinks he might like it better if he used it more often, but finds the regular level just as useful. He also thinks he might change his mind about that when he is older and doesn't want to run back and forth to the doorway to check level.

Kristy

jpmorgan37

Thanks Kristy;
I hope Mark never gets older. Take it from me, it isn't all it's cracked up to be. However, I am thankful for every day that I am granted to enjoy this beautiful country and the fantastic people that I have been blessed to meet. Thanks for the report.

John

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Thanks Kristy;
I hope Mark never gets older. Take it from me, it isn't all it's cracked up to be. However, I am thankful for every day that I am granted to enjoy this beautiful country and the fantastic people that I have been blessed to meet. Thanks for the report.

John

Old age is highly overrated ...but, considering the alternatives...:p

wagenman

It sounds like this product is a nice deal. If I am reading this right then it would take the place of a tri-pod and any form a stick on or bolt on level that you have to add on aftermarket. If that is the case then you would save money having this, cause my tri-pod was around 150 bucks if I remember correctly and the manual aftermarket levels can be upwards of 25 each for the nice big ones.

So this unit does both for around the same price... not a bad deal!!

I just wonder if the stabilizer part of this is as stable as a good tri pod? So if you own this and have used a tri pod before what do you think?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
You may be talking about two different things if I understand it right. There are the stabilizers that go on the landing gear and rear jacks and then there is the wireless level which will indicate if you are level. The level will only tell you if your rig is level. I do not have one of those, but I can tell you the stabilizers do work very well. If you have the stabilizers you will not need your tripod. I have used them both and the stabilizers will put the tripod to shame.

wagenman

Yea I guess it would be two products, I just thought maybe it all came as one package.. But thanks for the info Jim on the stabilizers. I use my tri pod and have never liked the way it sticks out and makes a trip hazard in the front of the coach.. And like you said, its night and day diference between using a tip pod or not... and it sounds like another huge improvment going to this system...

Looks like I better start saving again...lol

Johnm

I wanna go camping - NOW
I have the LVL-1 and love it. I still check with a short bubble level to verify, but only because I haven't had the LVL-1 that long (early last year and RV is hibernating for the winter right now). The only issue is it seemed to eat batteries, which is OK now that I know I need to bring spares with me (and just do a quick check before leaving home).

dieselengineer

Charter Member
Okay, what do the people that have the leveler system (JT's LvL-1) think about it. I have heard that battery life is short. Is that true for both the indoor unit (camper) and the unit in the TV. Or is it only a problem with the indoor unit (camper) of course the one that is hard to get too. Whats the pros and cons.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Okay, what do the people that have the leveler system (JT's LvL-1) think about it. I have heard that battery life is short. Is that true for both the indoor unit (camper) and the unit in the TV. Or is it only a problem with the indoor unit (camper) of course the one that is hard to get too. Whats the pros and cons.

I have one and think it works pretty good. Only thing I don't like is that the display times out a little too quickly while you're making adjustments and you have to turn it on again. That, and the batteries are a real trip to get in. I did not install it under a cabinet per the instructions since that would make changing batteries a real PITA. I tape it to the kitchen counter which is just about dead center between the tires and level to that point. Seems to work just fine (and I verified first time with a spirit level). Since we're on a seasonal site, I pulled the batteries out of both units and put them away until I need them again.

porthole

Retired
How many batteries does it take?

Maybe an old cell phone charger or something similar could be used to power it.