Kitchen water problems...and it's a gooder

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
This has happened two times in the last couple of weeks. I turn the water on in the kitchen sink...I hear a small clunk...and the water will not flow out of either hot or cold water taps...

The only way to get the water to flow is to go outside and open the low point drain...the minute the drain is open water flows. The problem affects both hot and cold water...so, I don't think the lines are clogged.

I'm thinking faucet here...any ideas?

jnbhobe

Lefty; Does it only happen to the kitchen sink? How about trying the bathroom or shower? Just a thought maybe the problem is in the sprayer unit. JON :confused: :confused:

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Lefty; Does it only happen to the kitchen sink? How about trying the bathroom or shower? Just a thought maybe the problem is in the sprayer unit. JON :confused: :confused:

Haven't checked the shower or sink...but, the toilet flushes ok. I'm thinking faucet too.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Definitely sounds like a problem with the mechanical switch inside the sprayer head.

I've played with the little switch on the spray head...nothing happened when I did. This is when it's not working. Course, when it comes to me...it really don't matter. If it will break on anyone..it's gonna break on me.

jimtoo

I think we should name Lefty as "OFFICIAL TESTER OF STUFF". That way we would know what to expect, if it works for Lefty, it will work for anyone..

Jimmyt5

Had the same problem, found a small piece of plastic in the line that hooks to the flex hose. There is a plastic piece in the end that has a check ball in it,that had the plastic piece in it. I removed the check piece completely with no ill effect.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Had the same problem, found a small piece of plastic in the line that hooks to the flex hose. There is a plastic piece in the end that has a check ball in it,that had the plastic piece in it. I removed the check piece completely with no ill effect.

I'll check into that one. Sounds sensible...you can hear the water hit something with a little slam...and then no water.

Lemme get my slave on it. thanks.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Well, it crapped out again tonight. No way to play the low point drain trick. So, I took apart and checked what I could. The faucet head is ok. I can blow through it just fine.

It has to be the ball valve talked about earlier. There's nothing else left to check. Can't do anything until I can shut the water off for the trailer.

Figures, I got a sink load of dirty dishes.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist

Man, I wish I had read this post closer the first time. After 4 days of no water in the kitchen...no one to help..and plumbers don't make housecalls on RVs...I got really p****d, and ripped the whold d*...n*d thing out. The entire setup just did not operate right. And, my handyman was going to haul out and just buy another faucet. Enough is enough.

I read your message as a piece of plastic in the head of the faucet...what it woundup being was the check valve at the beginning of the flexipipe and it's a really, really small piece of hardware. My flex had TWO check valves. They're jammed in the end of the metal flexipipe, the part that is attached to the water inlet, and faucet head. You could blow a low melody on that thing...and then all of a sudden...it would snap closed and not even the air from an air compressor could blow it open. The plastic, instead of sliding, canted to one side and froze in place. No broken plastic piece, nothing just floating anywhere.

Through the judicious use of an icepick and a jackhammer, I got the little check valve removed and water now flows. Both checkvalves were removed and beaten to pulp by my ballpeen.

That was what it was. Take notes, guys...my plumber had never seen this particular setup before.