anyone added a fresh water tank fill valve?

2010augusta

Has anyone added a valve and a "tee" fitting the fill the fresh water while connected to city water. My old fleetwood class C had one, it made it real easy to fill the tank. I know the danger of pressure filling the tank, but I believe it can be done safely. your thoughts.

jbeletti

I have not done the T method but I did buy a Secure-Fill replacement cap from Camping World.

I added a brass quick-connect to it and I use my white potable water hose to fill the fresh water tank when needed. I just don't fill it at full pressure.

The cap is still vented so it works pretty well. This cap would could also be part of a manifold system that some owners build for their UDC. I've seen some pretty cool stuff at rallies - built by owners.

Jim

31795n1.jpg

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Has anyone added a valve and a "tee" fitting the fill the fresh water while connected to city water. My old fleetwood class C had one, it made it real easy to fill the tank. I know the danger of pressure filling the tank, but I believe it can be done safely. your thoughts.

The over flow valves should be able to handle it...just watch your gauges and shut it down when it's not quite full. I did the same thing on my old airstream without mishap.

One thing I have not seen in a while, is a hose that fit on the end of your water hose. You connected it up...stuck it in the water intake for the tanks and turn it on. It filled the tank quickly and there was enough room for the overflow to run out of the fill tube when full.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
The over flow valves should be able to handle it...just watch your gauges and shut it down when it's not quite full. I did the same thing on my old airstream without mishap.

One thing I have not seen in a while, is a hose that fit on the end of your water hose. You connected it up...stuck it in the water intake for the tanks and turn it on. It filled the tank quickly and there was enough room for the overflow to run out of the fill tube when full.

Lefty, the do-dad Jim has pictured has the hose on the end. I have one , it works pretty good , holds to cap fitting. I also have the one I think you are talking about but is not as good as the one pictured.......Kenny

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Camco Water Tank Filler, P/N 40003. About 9" long clear plastic tube with a yellow plastic fitting for the hose, with shut-off valve. Usually find them in RV stores hanging on a rack, blister carded. Run less than $5.00. Always used one when filling the tank on our TT. Kept it when we traded in the TT.

vangoes

Camco Water Tank Filler, P/N 40003. About 9" long clear plastic tube with a yellow plastic fitting for the hose, with shut-off valve. Usually find them in RV stores hanging on a rack, blister carded. Run less than $5.00. Always used one when filling the tank on our TT. Kept it when we traded in the TT.

I've seen these at Walmart in the camper supply section. A 1/2" cutoff garden hose works just as well.

jnbhobe

Tank Fill

I use a plastic shutoff and a 4ft piece of washing machine fill hose. One end has a screen in the connection cut off the other end. Helps with venting problems too. Also helps when boondocking I can pump water right from my extra tank. JON :D :D :D

2010augusta

Does the large fill hose enter the fresh water tank as high as the vent hose? I want to splice into the 1/2 vent line and use the fill hose as the new "vent." I can put a 3-way valve (just like the bypass and winterization ones) to route water from city water to fill the tank using just 1/2 inch hose fittings.

2010augusta

Any know the supplier and availability for the bypass and winterization valve in the UDC. I see the B&B holders logo, but received no hit on the internet for that name. I would like to add a matching one as my fill valve.

fljlcw

I designed my own sorry I dont know how to input pics but Iuse a hose Y with valves and leave it hooked up as long as were parked I took A tank cap drilled A hole and put in A barbed fitting 3/8 clear hose to that with A female hose on the other end the hose size limits the pressure works great for me just dont turn it on and forget it what A mess

ztev3

I put one in when I installed the water filter system. Had it in my last fifth wheel and could not live with out it. Easy install, have had no problems.