Need Help! Manual Crank for Bed Slide 2998RB

Hello,
I can't seem to find the manual crank for the master bed slideout. I looked in the storage compartment. Maybe it's hidden by all the stuff in that front compartment.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Ryan, does your Sundance have hydraulic slides? If so, there is no "crank" for the bedroom slide or the main slide. To manually extend or retract the slide you have to use a cordless or power drill with a nut driver attachment and use it at the end of the hydraulic drive motor to manually operate the slides. There is a piece of paper tape over a hole in the end of motor that has to be removed to access this.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Might check under the bed , thats where mine was guess it was a fitting place. It seem one never knows where the Manufacture / Dealers decide to put thingy's or take out of one to give someone else that was missing one.......;) Kenny

I have cranked out the main slide and rear bedroom slide, but can't find the one for the master bedroom. I have found a nut type device in the front compartment, but I think that is for the spare tire. Thanks

SmokeyBare

If the bedroom slide is Hydraulic... one only needs to use a electric drill.

Here is a Link to a PDF File from Lippert on the Hydraulic operations:\

http://www.lippertcomponents.com/OwnersManuals/hydraulic-slideouts/5th%20Wheel%20Hydraulic%20Slideout%20Landing%20Gear-Web.pdf

They state:
A standard electric drill is required. By removing the protective label on the end of the Hydraulic motor.... using a standard Hex in the coupler which is found under the protective label on the end of the motor... run the drill clockwise to extend or counter clockwise to retract...

Kind of simple.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I'm pretty sure all the slides in the Sundance trailers are electric. Having said that, I've never checked to see where the manual backup is for the bedroom slide on our 2900MK. Now the next time I'm out at my son's house that will be the first thing I look for:eek:.

Gus