Looked at a 3055 today and have some ?'s

ChopperBill

The one we looked at had a queen bed. No room for a king in the slide out. Literature said the king was standard. Um! Whats up with that? Kitchen had regular faucet and no sprayer. ? Shower had cheap plastic shower head. ? All the cabinets had fancy glass in them. Didn't care for that, we prefer just the wood. Head board was some fancy pants designer thing. Didn't care for. The ones on the web site show a neat rectangular wood head board. If we order we don't want any surprises when is arrives. OK, that all the question I have for now. Hope it wasn't an overload! ;)

Deb

Deb
ChopperBill,
I think what you saw today was the earlier version of the 06 model before they made the mid year changes to the unit. The current units have the wood head board. Don't know about the shower head. Somebody with more knowledge will answer your questions.

Deb

ChopperBill

Deb
Salesman said it arrived in December. That is only 3 months ago. We took a bunch of pictures of the one we looked at and I was studying them this morning. This unit must have arrived in December of "04". Lots of discrepancies with the brochure. Not even the fabric in the fascia like the web site shows. With the old faucets, feet on the surround speakers, no room for a king bed and other things I am guessing this is a way early production unit. Darn! it would be nice to see the model WITH the color you are going to order. About ready to fly to a dealer to look at the genuine thing!
We are also looking at an Alumascape. Have talked to that dealer several times, salesman and owner. Went over there twice to look at similar units that were different models with different interiors. We were over there yesterday and when we got home he called and said that he found the EXACT same model and the EXACT same color that we were interest on the back of his lot! Now I can understand that the salesman didn't know but the owner never told me either. I am going nuts! :rolleyes:

Deb

Deb
C.Bill,

You are not going nuts - you are just very frustrated. Heartland dealers seem to be selling the 3055 faster than they can get them in stock. We live in NC and have checked dealers all along the way to FL as we are snowbirds for a couple of months. Going home this week. You have given me reason to call the dealer tomorrow to find out what we ordered. We want the wood headboard and the other stuff that is on the Heartland web site. It looks to me like the dealers need to keep up with the current offerings of what is being produced today. I think this just might be a question for the factory. They need to know how frustrating it is to see a BH 3055. Can't see the real thing on any lot and can't find pictures to boot.

Deb

Deb

Deb
C.Bill,

I forgot to tell you that our dealer only orders on his spec. units, queen mattresses (for the 3055) because he doesn't feel that there is enough room for the king. The king mattress in the 3055 that we saw in FL had the bottom corners cut for added room. That wasn't a concern for us as we wanted the queen and we have an air mattress - so can always let out the air if need be. We will put the air mattress in the new 3055.

Deb

ChopperBill

My wife took over a dozen pictures of the 3055 yesterday. Did it in a hurry with a Kodak 3 mega pixel camera. Her pictures are twice as good as most web sites. Too bad the coach was outdated or I would share them with the members. It wouldn't take much for a dealer or manufacture to do it. It shouldn't take up much band width either. Asking some one to buy a "pig in the poke" for thousands of dollars just doesn't make sense to me. Its not just Heartland, its ALL of them.
We are opting for the queen bed also. After making the bed in the truck camper she said NO WAY was the fiver going to be a hassle. But they couldn't even tell us if there would be night stands, as mentioned on this forum. For $150 downsize I would guess you should get something.

Deb

Deb
As I understand it - the bed shelves come standard with the queen bed. Not 100% sure about that though. Seems crazy to pay extra for a smaller bed - doesn't it?? I was concerned that the shelves would be to low because of our air mattress - which is 12" thick. So I asked the dealer to have them left off and we would install at the right height. We'll see what happens. Stay tuned. LOL

Deb