Trick My Truck!

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
On Saturday, I get delivery of my new 2008 Chevrolet 2500HD LTZ loaded with every option that Chevrolet has but 3...and the dogs don't need a dvd player and headrest TV set. The got heated seats...what more they want?

I got GPS. I got XM. I got Onstar. I got Moon Roof. I got power rear window. I got PS, PB, Pwr Windows. I got built in bathroom...Ok, it didn't come with a bathroom. I gotta hitch...I gotta Bedsaver. I gotta Allison...and I got a Duramax. I also got 4X4.

Know what else I got? NO Fr***** idea what it really needs added on suspension wise...or any other wise. I throw myself on your mercy. Show me the way...help an old man out here. Tell me what to do!

Timbren me away...pump up my airbags. Pimp my ride. Lead me! Me and my checkbook are putty in your hands.

(I got my heart set on those little pom-pom thingies that go around on my windshield just like my buddy Miguel has...and one of those weinier dogs that sit in your back window. You know...the ones who's eyes go blink, blink, blink when you use the turn signals...)...and maybe a plastic Jesus to ride on the dashboard of my car...no baby shoes for the rearview mirror...I got that reserved for my crucifix and Marde Gra beads.

SmokeyBare

Lefty,

In my opinion it's Timbren only. They are lifetime... nothing to blow out... nothing to inflate... they only work when the truck is loaded.

Ya might also consider a couple of those Pom-Pom's just below the rear bumper... give it a real Bullish Look !

Marv

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Lefty,

In my opinion it's Timbren only. They are lifetime... nothing to blow out... nothing to inflate... they only work when the truck is loaded.

Ya might also consider a couple of those Pom-Pom's just below the rear bumper... give it a real Bullish Look !

Marv

Would agree with Marv on the Timbrens and don't forget some Fuzzy Dice to hang on the rear view mirror.....Kenny

Netem

How about some custom paint and hydrolic suspension so you can set her on the ground when you get to the park.

bill40

Sorry Lefty, a 2500 does not qualify for a Bigfoot figure in the rear window. You will love the heated seats when its in the single digets. Have fun putting the toys on. From another old man.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Hey, no man, you doun wan no fuzzy dice. You want DINGLE BALLS hanging on the mirror. And some neon lights around the bottom. Maybe some low riders, too. And the bouncy hydraulics so you can wow the chicks at the mall jumping your ride around the place. Get a mega-boom box to impress the neighbors at 0200.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Timbrens being installed as I type $270 includes installation...no fuzzy dice...it's an EPA thing.

Any more ideas??

sealman

Leftyf,
I have the same truck with the Z71 package, and pull a 3100rl. We have drive from texas to Calif with no problems and believe the suspension to be almost perfect for this size trailer. Seems to ride just right, without the suspension ever bottoming out. Check your headlights at night with trailer attached and loaded, if they are high, you will have less suspension travel, and may need air bags.
John

creeper

Go with airbags as you will almost instantly exceed the weight ratings of the truck. Invest in a tire pressure monitoring system for an added level of safety.

Don't count on the TPMS that comes with the truck it doesn't act quickly enough and does nothing for the camper.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Leftyf,
I have the same truck with the Z71 package, and pull a 3100rl. We have drive from texas to Calif with no problems and believe the suspension to be almost perfect for this size trailer. Seems to ride just right, without the suspension ever bottoming out. Check your headlights at night with trailer attached and loaded, if they are high, you will have less suspension travel, and may need air bags.
John

That's a good one....I'll get those next month. Seriously, I had forgotten about the TPMS.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Lefty,

Did you get the running boards? The oval pipes are probably the best.

Bedliner? What kind?

Mudflaps?

The came on the truck...and are useless for me, most of the time. No grab handles, YET...

I have to be able to hit the door at 90degrees to get my foot on it and be able to grab the steering wheel to pull myself up and in to the truck. The new power seat will take care of that problem.

I'm not sure bout the bed liner...I've never seen it. Other than pictures. It came from the factory. It will probably get removed and the entire bed Rhino'd. That's the one that I've had in 3 trucks. Sure like them better than the slide in variety.

I'm going to take some pictures today...I'll post them up later...and then we BOTH'll know!!

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Hay Lefty
Were getting tired of hearing about this truck and such. Are you going to cowboy up and come to the April Rally or are we just going to keep hearing all this Hot Air :eek:... HEE HEE...:p

BC

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
OK, so you don't want the Dingle Balls on your mirror. I'll put them on mine :D. Just got it last Saturday. Had the dealer do their Extreme Liner (spray in) and the step assists. Got the Lorado bed cover and mud flaps later the same day.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Hay Lefty
Were getting tired of hearing about this truck and such. Are you going to cowboy up and come to the April Rally or are we just going to keep hearing all this Hot Air :eek:... HEE HEE...:p

BC

The Gimpmobile will not be ready by then. The VA told me so...
The GimpRV will not be ready by then. The Contractor told me so...
The GimpAccount will not be ready by then. The Bank told me so..
Moryde will not be ready by then. Mor-ryde told me so.

Git the picture, Cuzz?

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
Got to have mud flaps for front and rear. Big ones for the rear that are extra long with chrome weights at the bottom, don't want to be throwing rocks at your trailer.

Don

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Got to have mud flaps for front and rear. Big ones for the rear that are extra long with chrome weights at the bottom, don't want to be throwing rocks at your trailer.

Don

Don't need no steenkin' mud flaps...no rock would DARE hit the GimpRV...intimidation works.

Seriously, I need to check on that.