slide out problem

MD Buck

Just picked our 3670 in November, took it home, leveled it up and put the slide outs out to start packing for our first trip in the spring and the main slide out had left a black streak on the carpet and had torn off some of the fibers. I have appraised the dealer of the problem and he indicated it was probably just because they didn't have it level at their site when I picked it up and when they pulled the slideouts in, it rubbed the carpet.

Has anyone else had this problem and could it just be that it was out of level or does an adjustment need to be made? I have been afraid to cycle it again fearing the carpet will tear.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
This is a problem that we have had from the time our Landmark was new. Have had the slide out adjusted and the mark is still made on the carpet. Have used thin plexiglass under each end of the slide which stopped the markings on the carpet.Right now I am currently using a product called slideout slickers which work fine but they don't always stay in place when pulling the slideout in.Sometimes you have to hold them in place until the slide out begins to slide up over them.

jpjulian

We have a similar issue with our 3370. The curb side slide seems to drag along the carpet which results in a bulging of the carpet in front of the sofa. Doesn't bother me much but the better half is ticked. Dealer queried and couldn't fix it.

jpmorgan37

We use a plastic runner that we got at Walmart with the little "spikes" on the underside that keeps it in place when we put the slide in or out. It has protected the carpet from marks and stains and when we get where we are going to be stationary for awhile, it gets rolled up and stashed. It works very well and very inexpensive.

John

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We used the same thing as jpmorgan. Carpet runner. In addition, when you have your slides out, go outside and make sure all the screws along the outer edge of the slides are countersunk below the surface and use a rasp or coarse file to remove any burrs from the bottom corners as well. Since doing this, we haven't needed the runner.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
We used the same thing as jpmorgan. Carpet runner. In addition, when you have your slides out, go outside and make sure all the screws along the outer edge of the slides are countersunk below the surface and use a rasp or coarse file to remove any burrs from the bottom corners as well. Since doing this, we haven't needed the runner.

How about a picture Ray. I'd like to see what you are talking about.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
This is a problem that we have had from the time our Landmark was new. Have had the slide out adjusted and the mark is still made on the carpet. Have used thin plexiglass under each end of the slide which stopped the markings on the carpet.Right now I am currently using a product called slideout slickers which work fine but they don't always stay in place when pulling the slideout in.Sometimes you have to hold them in place until the slide out begins to slide up over them.

Those plexiglass piece may work out better than what I have planned. thanks.

Zuey

We have a 2009 3670 and we to have one slide that is rubbing the carpet. We have not yet taken it back to the dealer.

trdeal

Those plexiglass piece may work out better than what I have planned. thanks.
The plexiglass does work well and the carpet runners JP was talkiing about do also. But whether you use these or the slide out slickers I spoke of eariler,they all work better if you have 2 people,one on each end of the slide to hold them in place when you pull the slides in.

vangoes

I had the same problem as Ray with the protruding screwheads on the bottom side of the slides. If this is your problem, you will need to fix them ASAP. Mine were so bad that not only were they shreading the carpet but they ripped my linoleum on our second trip, which was about four or five cycles of the slideouts. My dealer removed the screws, countersunk the holes and put silicone on the screwheads. Havent had a problem with the linoleum since then but the marks on the carpet are still there and I cant really tell if they are getting worse on not.

Quick question, has anyone had problems with the Landmark bedroom slide creaping in, and after awhile it will completely be closed?

Bobby A

Has anyone contacted customer service at the manufacture to discuss this issue ?? They should know of the problem so they can get it corrected in the manufacturing process.

davebennington

We had a problem with the bedroom slide creeping in, it turned out to be a bad cylinder (the fluid was leaking pass the rings), the unit was out of warranty however Heartland stepped up and helped with some of the cost. Once again proving to me the Heartland is a great company.

Dave

trdeal

Same here.Our 2005 Landmark was 2 years out of warranty.The pump has a 3 year warranty on it and the pump manufacturer replaced it free and paid a portion of the labor.