Ray's RV in Sacramento Teetering..

gsbainter

Hi,

Found out today that Ray's RV in Sacramento (not the dealer that I purchased from but one I have used quite a bit with previous rig), is closing their Service Department for at least 30 days perhaps more. I had went in there today to drop off my Coby Home Theatre system to be replaced and J.R. told me that he couldn't help me. He was very apologetic and had been calling all the people who had appointments out 6 weeks in advance to cancel them. He looked really sad and stressed. I am pretty bummed because I had planned to adopt them as my servicing dealer as my purchasing dealer is 180 miles distant. They have already closed two of their three sales locations (Fairfield is left). Hopefully they will be able to hang in there through the tough times.

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Sad news. It's always bad when the good dealers close. We're out of warranty now, but they sure treated us right for both sales and service. When we picked our rig up in November, Ray had indicated that they had laid off all but two employees. It was pretty quiet there. Hope that they can consolidate at Fairfield and keep going. I'd buy another rig from them in a heartbeat.

flamingknitter

Not to belabor the point but since Dan Gamel closed (permanently now, including sales) in Rocklin and Heartland owners have scrambled to find someone to do their warranty work - Ray's hasn't been very co-operative or helpful. In this economy, it just doesn't make sense to turn away business. My warranty will be up next month and even though Ray's was much closer, I will still take it to Affordable. I am sorry for their employees. Hope they find work quickly.

gsbainter

My experience with Ray's concerning wanting to take my Sundance in for warranty work, is that with only two techs they were booked out over 6 weeks in advance. So I didn't feel like I got the brush off from them, just that they were overloaded with work. They said that even though they were overloaded, it wasn't enough to keep them open as the sales part of it was way too far down. Ray's treated me much better than Manteca Trailer who, when I called to ask about doing warranty work for me, said that I had to pay up front and then get reimbursed from Heartland even though they were an authorized dealer. They were just brushing me off because I didn't buy from them.

santafedave

Santafedave
New Purchase

I just bought a new 2008 Cyclone from Ray's in Fairfield. The salesman stated that the service dept. was indeed closed for 30 days.

wdk450

Ray's RV West Sacramento Service CLOSED

Gang:
March 9th, 2009
0 stars - nothing was done

I have several issues with my new Heartland Bighorn 3670RL that I picked up from their lot in Fairfield, Ca. a week ago. ALL my calls to their service center were answered by voicemail. No one was ever there when I repeatedly called. I was told by the sales lot on Monday that the tech called in sick, and would be in on Tuesday. So on Tuesday, I went to the RV storage, hitched up and towed the rig to West Sacramento. The compound was locked shut when I got there midmorning, with a commercial real estate FOR SALE sign on the property. I took the rig back to the storage facility.
Wednesday I called the service center and finaaly got an answer. I talked to "J.C." - Ray's service department. He told me that their service department in West Sacramento was shutting down, and I could tow the rig back to Fairfield (40 miles away) to let one of the sales guys try to service it, in an open lot without proper service facilities, or 50 amp service. I have an air conditioning problem.
I am persuing 3rd party warranty service.

BTW, I have yet to recieve my start-up kit (sewer and fresh water hoses) and Heartland manuals which were forgotten when I got my walk-thru.

flamingknitter

WDK450 -

As I mentioned before - Heartland sent me to Affordable RV in Newcastle. Not sure where you live but it sounds as if Newcastle might be as close (or as far as Fairfield). I just picked my rig up after warranty work. They are friendly and very helpful. Finally got all my repairs completed.

Their phone is 530-889-8174.

gsbainter

Pan Pacific RV is an official Heartland dealer now. They sell Sundance and two of the Toyhaulers. I just dropped my Sundance off at their service dept in Roseville and they couldn't have been nicer. This was insurance work to replace my ladder that I messed up, so I don't know if it would be different if it was warranty work. However, I had bought a TT from Pan Pacific in 2001 and used them for service for 6 years and couldn't have been happier with them. So, hopefully now I can use them on a regular basis. It is really too sad about Ray's. I had used them quite a bit and really liked them.