50 things you want to do before *I* die....

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Here's my list add on to it.

1. Meet Bob & Patty face to face. Gotta see if he's a big a jerk as I am.
2. All new teeth. I wanna leave a beautiful corpse.
3. Drive to Quartzite.
4. Spend a week in Boron.
5. See some old Army Buddies...thank them for the memories. Both living and at Arlington.
6. Make at least 1 Escapade.
7. See how my kids from Seward turned out. D*mn, I miss those kids.
8. Get into one more life or death situation. Us adreline junkies need our fix.
9, Hobble my one legged fanny into the Arctic Ocean for a little swim.
10. Make sure I'm right with God...if not, *memo to self* buy asbestos undies.
11. Drink a great beer with the world BEST cigar.
12. Tell the doctor, " See you SOB...smoking didn't cause THIS!!"
13. Think about all the people that I got revenge on..by outliving them.
14. Continue the hunt for the best fried chicken.
15. Hit Sam's Place in Livengood Alaska. Order the $3.50 Cheese and Ham Sandwich. Find out if it really is better than the $3.00 Ham and Cheese Sandwich.
16. Have one last beer and peanuts at the Malemute Saloon Ester City Alaska.
17. Finally pay for that plate glass window I got thrown through in Fairbanks.
18. Pay for that plate glass window in Fairbanks, the one I threw the OTHER guy through.
19. Clean up any "Wants and Warrants" still outstanding in BC and the Territories.

Moving on to other parts of the world...

20. Add on to my "Better off Dead" list.
21. See item 10.
22. Buy new bullets. It's not sporting to shoot the other guy with dirty bullets.
23. See people on item 20. Then See Item 21.
24. Try to forgive those that have sinned against me.
25. If not see items 21 thru 24.

26. Drive the road least traveled.
27. Check out all the "Diners, Driveins, and Dives".
28. If they ain't as good as he said....
29. See items 20.
30. Eat at Emerils.
31. Camp out at campground on the rim of the Grand Canyon. Watch the kids lawn tractor Christmas Parade.

32. Visit old friends in El Paso. Both living and those at the Vet's cemetary there.
33. Apologize for being what I am...and try to make amends for any hurt feelings.
34. DO NOT see items 20 -24. These people were good to me when I wasn't good to myself.
35. Definitely see Item 10.

36. Reread all the historical markers on I-10. Who knows they may have re-written history again.
37. Check out Ghosts in Gettysburg.
38. Get points from Ghosts on what NOT to do.
39. NEVER travel another Interstate Highway again. Correct GPS to avoid all major throughfares. Stay off of all roads that don't have at least 3 digits in the number.

40. Read all the books, that I bought, on Route 66. Hit every place in all of them. Now, closed or not. Sleep in the Teepees.
41. Hot Danish - Cold milk in that little cafe Huachuca City, AZ.
42. Thank God that I wasn't born in C or M or E or R or CH...thank him again for my American Citizenship and the chance I had to earn it.
43. Other than the trips to Mexico for my teeth. Never to set foot in a foreign country again. If it ain't in the 50 States it an't.
44. Make sure there is a marker on my Grandparents grave. They deserve it.
45. Go to Goliad and see the marker there with my family name on it.

46. No more political correctness. Call it as I sees it. The heck with it. But, to learn how to tell people they are full of poop...just a little more politely.
47. One last bowl of Pho and Ba Mi Ba...or Old Tiger Pee.... That Vietnamese Pennicillin might cure my ills.
48. Meet the girl from the Progressive Insurance commercial. Pledge undying love. Hey, it could happen.
49. Call "The Bear". Visit Roy Benevides and James Bondsteel's resting place. Remind Jim that he didn't get his final wish. He got a Camp...but, no crapper. The guys can remember him other places.
50. Eat Good and Plenty's until I go into an unrecoverable sugar shock and die.

Sorry, sometimes reality mixes in with fantasy. Oh yeah, SEE ITEM 10.

And, what would you do?

caokgafamily

Lefty,

Thats quite a list. I hope you don't plan on leaving us any time soon, I enjoy your post. I just watched the Bucket list movie the other night, it was pretty good. My dad said his list was short, I guess he was saying he has no regrets. I'm still working on my pre list living every day to the fullest.

Take care Lefty,
Steve

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Lefty,

Thats quite a list. I hope you don't plan on leaving us any time soon, I enjoy your post. I just watched the Bucket list movie the other night, it was pretty good. My dad said his list was short, I guess he was saying he has no regrets. I'm still working on my pre list living every day to the fullest.

Take care Lefty,
Steve

Not that I know of...it's just a rambling list of thing I want to do.

I forgot #51. Do all the things I couldn't remember to put down on the list.

I've lost a couple of old friends...and I'm feeling a bit maudlin tonight.

jimtoo

Lefty, #2 you don't need to worry about... they use a mouth former, so you don't need any teeth to look good in the casket.

Also,, you don't need to pickout any shoes, you won't be wearing any.