Last Call for Rally Reservations!

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Feb 1 is fast approaching. If you're planning on attending the rally, but haven't gotten your reservation and deposit to Dave, please do so immediately. After Feb 1st, we have to release our hold on un-reserved sites back to the campground. After the 1st, you'll still be able to make a reservation, but it'll have to be directly with the campground and there's no guarantee space will be available in our group area (we've got prime real estate set aside). We've got a good sized group already, but would like to meet as many of you as possible.

By the way, if you're from PA, MD, WV, NC (or anywhere else for that matter) and would like to visit with us, you're welcome. Just get a reservation in thru Dave by the 1st or with the campground after that. And if anyone (Virginian or otherwise) reserves directly with the campground, please let me know so I can keep a fairly accurate count of who and how many will be there and I'll be able to include you in any updates and announcements.

We have a couple of inches of snow on the ground today:( - makes me want Spring to arrive even faster!

Gus

Last edited:

camperjohn08

Sent our's last week.. I will be calling the camp site after Feb 1st to add a couple of days to our stay One before and one after....
John & Nancy

davebennington

So far have 12 people that have signed up for the Virginia Spring rally. That is a very impressive number for a first rally. I will send the money in to the camp ground this week and see if I can get site numbers for everyone at that time.

Dave

boatto5er

We're up to 15 now (I think that's right - my database is on my home PC). A very good showing (make that a GREAT showing!)! I've been talking with Jim Beletti about some additional things we can do to keep things lively and hopefully we'll be adding a couple of items to the agenda that will be useful, imformative, and/or fun. Debra and I are really looking forward to this. We're getting into the camping mood really quickly. Too bad the trailer is still winterized. I'm hoping for a couple of "warm" weekends between now and April to get out and do our Spring shakedowns - probably to the Fredericksburg KOA. If we get a warming trend and decide to get out, we'll let you know when, so all of you close by to that area can join us (you're welcome from further away also, of course!)

And for Jason and Monica (Cyclone Traveler), I believe I saw on another thread that you were from OKC - Debra is from Oklahoma also (Duncan), and I spent many years at Fort Sill.

davebennington

I sent the reservation deposit off today. We have a total of 15, 14 units and 1 in a cabin. Anyone who would like to still attend they will have to contact Misty Mountian directly (1-888-647-8900), they have said they will do their best to accommodate last minute campers.
I think it is a great turnout for the first rally.

Dave

lrmike

We can't wait! I've worked with Misty Mountain on events before and they are SUPER so I'm sure they will do everything they can to accommodate any late arrivals.
Now I just need to get the FunHauler to the dealer for a few warranty issues (75 mile trip each way) and we should be ready to go!

boatto5er

We can't wait! I've worked with Misty Mountain on events before and they are SUPER so I'm sure they will do everything they can to accommodate any late arrivals.
Now I just need to get the FunHauler to the dealer for a few warranty issues (75 mile trip each way) and we should be ready to go!

Mike,

Hope those repairs don't drag out! Stay on top of your dealer. We wouldn't want you to miss the rally because the dealer was twiddling their thumbs.

Gus

boatto5er

Contact Misty Mountain Campground

In case anyone going to the rally didn't get my email, please call Misty
Mountain Campground (Sally), at 1-888-647-8900 and give them your trailer length so they can get everyone into an appropriately sized site. They should be able to give you a site # also. I'm working on the agenda and should get a revised edition out in a few days.

Temps are gonna be in the upper 50's this weekend - that's awfully tempting....

boatto5er

Club members - It's not too late to sign up for the rally. If you'd like to go, call Misty Mountain Campground (Sally), at 1-888-647-8900 and tell them you will be attending the Virginia Heartland Owner's Club rally

If you're not a club member, contact me and the campground. We'll get you signed up on our member list and the campgraound will get you a site. Just be sure to let me know that you will be attending and what site # the campground assigns you to.

You say you're already signed up? Be sure you've called the campground to get your site number as soon as possible - and then let me know the site#.

Gus

jgoddardg

We have signed up with the campground and been assigned site #6. We'll arrive on Friday, April 3, and stay until Monday, April 6.

We're looking forward to it.

boatto5er

Rally Update

We're up to 16 couples coming in for the Spring Rally. And, we have a couple of more who would like to attend, but can't commit yet. I also have contacts out to couple of new owners, so our list may grow even bigger.

Debra and I are planning a dewinterize shakedown trip to the Fredericksburg KOA as soon as the weather gets just a little better. We'll post the date as soon as we decide. Everyone who wants to join in for a mini pre-rally is welcome to meet us there.

Gus and Debra

boatto5er

We're Growing!

We've got 17 couples signed up now. I don't think Dave or I either one ever imagined we'd have this kind of response when we first started working on the rally. All I can say is this is an incredible response. Can't wait to meet everyone.

jgoddardg

Do you have any details re scheduling, etc? Any group dinners or anything planned? Anything we can do to assist?

boatto5er

John and Debbie,

I sent a copy of the draft agenda to your email. I'll be getting a revised one out in a couple of weeks at the latest. See you at the rally.

Gus