Stackable Wash & Dryer

ChopperBill

Going to stick my noise in here seeing how you are not getting any replies from owners. Very seldom do I here anything good about the RV washer and driers. I here it takes for ever to do a load. I told the wife after boondocking for a week or two going to the launder mat would be nice for a little get away. Of course I would not be the one doing it. :D I think the wash room would be better served as, say, a beer keg tapper! None
If any one thinks these W/D set up are OK I guess they will jump in here.

Deb

Deb
We have friends that put a combination unit into their RV last Nov., and they love it. Says it works very well. I would love to have one - have to do some tall taking to convince my hubby that "we" need it. I hate the laundromats. I just had a new pair of green pants stolen from a folded pile of laundry, while I went to the other side of the laundry mat to check on a dryer. I would rather deal with small loads and long dry times than dirty laundry mats, and stolen clothes.

phranc

Deb. Looks to me that the combo units are what will work. Our 3600 came plumbed from the factory..It's a real big closet, I mean big, like you can stand up inside and there is a nice spot on the right side for the washer..

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
Fireflipper

Well for my two cents, or should I say my wifes, she loves the combo. There is not room for a stackable in my Grand Canyon and it came with the Spendide combo. It does take a couple of hours to do a load, but my wife puts in a load a day and keeps things from building up. If you have king size sheets you can only do one at a time, and they bunch up so it takes two cycles to dry, but they get clean.

Dusty

Put a wine chiller in place where the washer is supposed to go, much lighter and better tasting.

Dusty

Draco Dog

Washer and Dryers

We have a Heartland Big Horn 2008 3670 5th wheel. There is a space in our bedroom closet all ready for a washer and dryer. We have checked on these appliances and figure it would cost around $1,000. The units look big enough to wash about 2 pairs of jeans. Not sure if I want the expense or/and lose the space in the closet. Ofcourse we won't be full RV timers for another year or so, maybe I will change my mind once we are on the road. Or maybe we'll join a nudist colony. lol.

Dusty----I like your suggestion best.

BluegrassMan

On the washer/dryer, check out the RV VIEW magazine that Camping world puts out. Mine came today, there is a 4-5 page feature on the NEW IMPROVED Splendide combo. Alot of what they say about stackables made sense to me. The new unit washes, spins, dries without going back to it. You could wash/dry while you're out sightseeing. Just an FYI.

jpmorgan37

For years, Sue said she didn't want a washer/dryer in the RV. Last summer, after a run on some of the worst laundromats in country, she said ok. We got the Splendide ventless combo and now she says that she will never be without one. It does small loads in about 2 1/2 to 3 hours, but like Denny said, put a load in and go. Painless and simple to install.

John

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We own a 3600RL...and that closet is the reason we bought that model. It was the only Bighorn that gave us capability of a stackable washer/dryer. We fulltime so this is very important to us.

http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/ff162/kakampers/washer dryer/?mediafilter=all

I have Whirlpool units, and would not be without them (see attached). We had no problem mounting them in this closet using a 3/4 piece of plywood and two pieces of angled aluminum. These units hold MUCH more than the combo's, approximately 3/4 of what you can put in a regular household unit. The dryer does take longer to dry a good size load because it is 110V not 220V, however, I usually do laundry while watching TV, or just "chilling" so the time isn't usually a problem. I would say it takes about 90 minutes to dry a full load of clothes.

In addition, the units are just slightly wider than the door opening which required us to remove the door, the jamb, and the molding to install. It was a very simple 5 minute job to do this. Hope this helps.

If you need any further info, send me a PM.

Kathy

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Forgot one thing...you have to remove the inside door handle, as it will hit the front of the washer. Also not a big deal to do.

ct0218

We also have 2 separate Whirlpool units and they work great. We did not have to remove the closet door handle on ours though. We haven't been to a laundromat in 2 years. Best part is that you do not waste a lot of time waiting on laundry and making the trips back and forth in the heat, cold and rain. We do loads while preparing and eating dinner, and watching TV. We only operate the W/D while we are there, never start it and leave-just in case a problem occurs.

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
For years, Sue said she didn't want a washer/dryer in the RV. Last summer, after a run on some of the worst laundromats in country, she said ok. We got the Splendide ventless combo and now she says that she will never be without one. It does small loads in about 2 1/2 to 3 hours, but like Denny said, put a load in and go. Painless and simple to install.

John

John,

I'll be doing my PDI soon!!! :confused: I hope! My Cyclone has one of these. Are they strictly electric, 120 or 240, or gas? I think I'll take a dirty pair of jeans with me for the PDI and start them as soon as we get the systems on for this and make sure it works properly. :D

As an Army brat, growing up in Germany - my folks had a front-load combo unit. Not as large as our US machines, but mom loved it. I'm glad you and Sue are happy with yours; I'm looking forward to having it. I've joked with Rene'e that I won't even have to come home on the weekend, once I get the RV, since I can take my Harley with me and do my own laundry! That went over like a lead balloon!:D

Last edited:

jpmorgan37

It's totally 120 volt. And you have a great idea about starting it when you start your PDI. Not only will you check the operation of the W/D but also the water and drain connections. Buy some 2X Ultra Tide for Front Loaders, and be stingy when you put it in. It doesn't take much.

Good Luck and enjoy,

John

Princess Kathleen

We have a Splendide combo. After our test run a few years ago in a pop up, we decided we wanted a washer/dryer. To look for a place to do laundry which is usually not in the best sections of town or the campground laundry is busy is not fun. I have a load on now and we are getting ready to explore the area...when we come back they will be done just as my dishes in the dishwasher. Yes I love my combo....and dishwasher.
A winer cooler would be nice....hmm...I wonder if hubby would give up some basement for that????

PK

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Splendide

Gonna do my PDI tomorrow - WHOO HOO!!:):cool:;)

I'll have the 2X Ultra Tide detergent. What type of fabric softener do you guys use in the W/D combo? Powder, liquid, brand? And only @ 2 Tablespoons of each - correct? Thanks!!:D

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
On the combo units, if you get the VENTED model, your clothes will dry much faster. The non-vented units hold moisture in, the vented models exhaust it outside.

Delaine and Lindy

We have had both the Combo and the Stackable. Our first 5er didn't have room for the Stackable. We had a Splendid 2100 vented unit. It did a good job but took quite a while. If you have to go with the Splendide Comb 2100 get the vented unit. You must follow the directions in the book to a T, it will do what its suppose to do, however it will be wrinkled and you have to do small loads. We then got a 5er that had room for the Stackable. Splendide came out with a Splendide Aristion stackable. Much faster and did a good job more like the home units. Keep in mind the unit is a 110 volt is why it takes a little longer to do the drying. I recomend the Splendide Aristion Stackable. If I had known we would have gotten another 5th wheel we would have not sold the W/D by Splendide. We have the Landmark Augusta and I would have to measure it for sure but I think the Splendide may fit. Good Luck with your Choice... GBY....