2006 3600 rl purchase great price

MFL

I just purchased a 2006 bighorn, I love the unit, I have a gmc 2500 hd with a 8.1 litter engine and allison transmission for a tow vehicle no problem towing, I bought the unit a camping world in
tennesse 1,000 miles away from home, has any one replaced the tv
with a flat screen,the sewer compartment is not well designed,
I have a problem with one of the awning toppers its rolling up wrinkled any ideas on fixing awning, bigest problem I have is backing up the fifth wheel, any help would be great thanks to everyone in the forum for your help.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Mario, Welcome to th Heartland Family & Forum and congrats on your purchase. Regarding the TV, yes it can be replaced with a flat screen. You need to determine how much room you have then pick a TV based on that info. I think you have the same entertainment layout as mine so a 32" should fit as long as it's speakers are below the screen. I made semi-permanent mount using "L" brackets from a home depot. I'll attach a couple pictures. I'm not sure what you mean about the sewer compartment design. If you're talking about the hose storage, you are right. I quit using that little area and store all of my sewer hoses, fittings etc in a tote. The pulls for the dump valves are easy enough to get to. In the newer models they were moved into the docking center. As for backing up. Practice, practice, practice. Be careful not to jack knife and cause any damage. The awning sounds like it may be out of adjustment. One side may have the tension too tight. I don't have slide toppers so maybe someone else can chime in on that. I hope I've helped a bit.

Attachments

• 32in. LCD Nice Fit.JPG
    32in. LCD Nice Fit.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 28
  • Bolts thru base.JPG
    Bolts thru base.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 24
  • Menards Brackets.JPG
    Menards Brackets.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 24
  • TV Access door.JPG
    TV Access door.JPG