TV Antenna Booster Switch Relocation Suggestion

I suggest that you move the amplifyer switch in the bedroom of the 3400 BH to a more accessable place. Being on the short side, it took me over an hour to find it initially. When I did, I could not reach it, and when I did, I had to use a stick to move that little switch button. Thanks.
Richard of Idaho

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Richard, I agree with you on moving the amplifier. Having the amplifier in the main entertainment area would have allowed me to use a Winegard distribution switch I had purchased prior to ordering our 3400. This switch needs to be mounted/used where all the components are. I suppose it could be moved easy enough but some coax would have to be re-routed. Hmmm. I can visualize another project on the horizon.

DennisZ

Ray

I did exactly what you are thinking of doing, the hardest part is getting an extra cable into the entertainment slide, I put in 2 just to make sure I had enough. The switch box works real nice with switching the bedroom tv to either satellite, cable or the off the air antenna.

Dennis

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Ray

I did exactly what you are thinking of doing, the hardest part is getting an extra cable into the entertainment slide, I put in 2 just to make sure I had enough. The switch box works real nice with switching the bedroom tv to either satellite, cable or the off the air antenna.

Dennis
Well at least I have the hard part done. A while ago I routed a coax from the entertainment slide to the bedroom so I could route the extra output from the Direct TV receiver to the bedroom to an a/b switch. I bought an RF remote and now I can at least watch dish up there. All I need now is the initiative to get off my butt and do it. It only took a year of procrastination to add 2 outlets to the kitchen sink base. Did that 2 days ago. Boy was Lin happy! :D

Antenna switch location

Being a little over 5-6, I had a heck of a time trying to find that switch for my TV antenna/cable. I found it in the back of the TV. There is no room to get you hand in to switch the antennas. I have to use a stick to push that little button. Is there any way to move that to someplace more excessable?
Richard of Idaho

jbeletti

Re: Antenna switch location

Richard,

If you can locate a better place for it, a place where you can also relocate the wiring with it, I;d say yes, it can be moved. Behind that plate, you are likely to find 3 coaxial cables and a DC power cable. If you do not have the materials, tools and skills, hire a dealer of TV shop to move it for you. What floor plan of BH do you have? I will turn this into the factory to consider improving next year.

Jim