Furnace making floor hot

cj11302000

We have a 2009 Sundance 2997 BHS and we just love it. We recently went "winter camping" at the ocean here in Washington State and it was pretty cold. We ran the furnace a lot to keep the trailer warm. We noticed our friends dog kept laying on a spot on the floor in front of the fridge. We discovered why...the floor in that area was EXTREMELY hot. This is the area right in front of where the furnace is. It was really hot. My guess is that the furnace pumps heat into that area and there must be some sort of distribution area under the floor that diverts the heat? Is this normal for the floor to get that hot or could there be a problem or blockage of some sort? We are getting heat out of the registers so it can't be totally blocked.

Thanks, Chris

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Chris, our heating unit is under the kitchen sink counter. When we run the heater all night, the counter top gets pretty warm. Normal, I dont know:confused: Maybe other people will weigh in on this. Bob:D

jpmorgan37

Chris;

I know in my Landmark, I have heat applied to the underbelly to prevent freezing of the utilities down there. So, when we run the furnace, my kitchen floor gets nice and warm and when we run cold water, it's warm for a bit until the water line gets a fresh supply of cold water.

John

D

Dave Willis

That is normal. Our plant manager will be responding to you soon. He will be able to explain it a little better than me.

Thanks

D

Dave Willis

Hello Chris,

I'm sorry that it is taking our plant manager so long to get back with you. He told me that he will get to it tonight. Just to let you know, he told me that is normal for the floor to get warm.

Thanks,

Dave

SRW

I too had a similar problem but I was also having problems with the heat getting to the front of the camper so I removed the grill under the Fridge where the furnace is and I was surprised to find that one of the screws that holds the cover on the furnace was off and the cover was open on one side about 3 - 4 inches and the heat was not going through the duct work where it should have been so with the help of some high temp silicone the screws won't vibrate out again and my heat works considerably better.

D

Dave Willis

I've spoke to our plant manager and it is normal for the floor to get warm by the furnace. It is putting out a lot of heat right there. I hope that your dog is enjoying it!

Thanks,