Secret Camp Ground

ChopperBill

Does anyone have a secret camp ground that would love to let everyone know about but is afraid that it will become over crowded if the word gets out? Have to admit that we do! Just a clue. Seems everyone goes to this area in the winter but our place is beautiful unlike most of the other spots. Will be going back next year and fully expect our spot to be vacant on our arrival! :D

v92c

Texan
Yep. I know of a really nice state park right near Houston that is usually vacant. Or maybe we went at the right times, when noone was there. When we have a weekend of activities planned in Houston we will set up there. It is hard to imagine such a nice place so close to a big city and not being over run with people.

jbeletti

I'll add one to the list. There is a nice quiet, secluded campground on the Illinois river in Marseilles, IL - Illini State Park. There are 3 separate camping areas here. The Great Falls section is reservable but not very secluded. It does have great river and dam views.

The middle section whose name escapes me is where we stay. Heavily wooded. Electric only.

The 3rd section is developed but for primitive camping.

Enjoy - we do!

Jim