Underbelly Thickness?

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Does anyone know the thickness of the coroplast underbelly? They gauge it in mm - 2,3,4,5,6,etc - and I want to get the same thickness as the existing.

I need to get some more to finish covering the belly of my Cyclone - back where the garage is and the current underbelly stops. I insulated the garage floor during my winterizing and need to cover it before I move...within the next month! I don't want my insulation flying out going down the road! :eek:

They (Coroplast) have distributors near Denver I'm checking with.

davelinde

Have you noticed an improvement after insulating the floor?
We use the garage for living space and better temp regulation back there would be nice.

jimtoo

Hi HT,

I'm sure your talking about the black plastic bottom cover on the trailers.
I just measured mine on our 08 Bighorn 3055RL and it is 3/16" thick.

Hope this helps.

I don't know why you just didn't dig the snow and ice away:eek:, roll up your skirting:eek: and crawl under? :p

Have a good safe winter where you are, stay warm. :D

Jim M

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Garage Insulation!

Dave, The full-skirt is the greatest, to keep wind from blowing under the Cyclone, but the insulation definitely helps! :) For anyone winter camping, I would certainly suggest investing in a skirt - at the very minimum.

Since winter rolled in to Wyoming, I keep a small electric Pelonis ceramic heater sitting in front of the bathroom door, plugged into the bathroom receptacle and facing the into garage. I have my door from the living area into the garage OPEN and a small 'tower-type' fan blowing into the garage on LOW. I don't want to take a risk of the rear bath or W/D areas freezing. We've had @ a foot of snow lately and it was -29˚F when I woke up yesterday - before any wind chill. The wind woke me up this morning about 4am - I bet it was blowing 60 mph!

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Hi HT,

I'm sure your talking about the black plastic bottom cover on the trailers.
I just measured mine on our 08 Bighorn 3055RL and it is 3/16" thick.

Hope this helps.

I don't know why you just didn't dig the snow and ice away:eek:, roll up your skirting:eek: and crawl under? :p

Have a good safe winter where you are, stay warm. :D

Jim M

I thought of that Jim...but then I thought of you!!:D Thanks for the info! I'm afraid I'm gonna have to do just that - when I install the new piece of underbelly and get ready & move. I'll be heading down to Denver for a couple of months or so, and then it's back to Wyoming. Next time further north! Between Gillette and Buffalo!

Attachments

• HT 011.JPG
    HT 011.JPG
    232.3 KB · Views: 90

jnbhobe

Hey HT. That snow looks like Pennsylvania but you need more of it.Been snowing for two days here. I've got snow piled 8ft high everywhere I can and running out of space to put it. Stay warm and be safe maybe we'll see you this summer. JON :D :D :D

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Hey HT. That snow looks like Pennsylvania but you need more of it.Been snowing for two days here. I've got snow piled 8ft high everywhere I can and running out of space to put it. Stay warm and be safe maybe we'll see you this summer. JON :D :D :D

The temps here today were 71 degrees. Then the front blew through. Temps tonight around 30. 20's tomorrow night.

No snow all winter. You could see it in the air...but, it melted before it hit the ground.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
The temps here today were 71 degrees. Then the front blew through. Temps tonight around 30. 20's tomorrow night.

No snow all winter. You could see it in the air...but, it melted before it hit the ground.

You just need to come a couple of hours up the road. I've got plenty (of snow/ice, that is) I can give you:D.

Gus

jimtoo

Hi Fred, this is the Thread where HT posted pictures and information about the skirting he had made for his Cyclone.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=6117

Jim M

Cyclone Traveler

HT did you get what you need on the size? If not I can measure mine tomorrow and post.

My wife is from OKC and I spent several years there for work. Out East now but we get through there a couple of times a year. Ever heard of Horny Lights in Bethany?

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Yeah, Jim got me the thickness. I just need to get in touch with the distributor now and see about getting some sent from Denver to Wyoming.

I don't get to OKC but about every other month for a weekend.
clap.gif

Horny Lights...they have some great accessories - mostly sound systems for the bikes.
scooter.gif

Whenever I listen to music while riding - I just stick with my iPod!
walkman.gif

davelinde

We've had @ a foot of snow lately and it was -29˚F when I woke up yesterday - before any wind chill.

Our Cyclone has wheels on it so there is no chance ever... (ever, ever) that it would stay parked somewhere like that :) Last week we got grump when it hit +29 for an hour one night... it's back to 80 again, and I forgot all about insulation.

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Coroplast Underbelly

Here is a link to a distributor in the Denver, CO area for the Coroplast underbelly we have on our Heartlands! The company is:

Regal Piedmont Plastics – Mon-Fri 8-5
5261 South Rio Grande Street
Littleton, Colorado 80120
Toll Free: 800-777-7342
Phone: 303-794-9823

I spoke to a salesman named Samer. The 4mm thickness is a normal stock item - but they were currently out. :confused: He does have some 5mm sheetswhich he's had "for a while", that are supposed to be 4 1/2'x8'. He said he'd sell them for $23.70 each. I'm going to pick a couple up on Friday so I can finish out my Cyclone belly! :cool:

Dennist

atving and camping...
Any ideas on securing the black plastic to the underside? Our 07 4012 is hanging low in the middle..... noticed when I was measuring for the new 16" rims and tires.