Cradlepoint CTR350/PHS300 new firmware 2.3

AlexSian

Mobile Broadband Consultant
CradlePoint has released Firmware Version 2.3 that provides official device support for:

• Verizon BlackBerry Storm, BlackBerry 8330 Curve, and USB760
  • Sprint BlackBerry 8330 Curve, U760, and 598U
  • Alltel UM175
  • AT&T E870, EC228 and Mercury
  • Cricket UM100C
In addition to new device support, a key new feature was added that allows device activation and PRL updates from router admin with Sprint 597U/598U and Verizon 595U, USB720, USB727, USB760 -- that means that customers with feature-compatible devices may never need to use their carrier connection software again!

Much more information about this firmware release can be found in the official Cradlepoint release notes PDF for firmware 2.3

PLEASE NOTE: Upgrading to this firmware release will cause a factory reset from previous firmware. Please be sure to save your configuration settings (Tools -> Admin menu) before loading this firmware and then restore your configuration afterwards.

You can download the latest cradlepoint firmware at: http://www.cradlepoint.com/support/

sasha_j

If you don't use the carrier connection software on the local PC, how do you keep track of your monthly bandwidth allotment, ie, 5 gigs/month.

AlexSian

normally, you'd use the carrier's online account info, but verizon seems to have killed that -- hopefully temporarily.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
normally, you'd use the carrier's online account info, but verizon seems to have killed that -- hopefully temporarily.
I just went to "My Verizon" clicked on "my services", at "details for" I used the drop down button, selected the number for my air card, then clicked on "my usage" and it does show the bandwidth usage for the current billing cycle.

AlexSian

yup, the 'usage' feature is back in place now. other RV customers had reported it disappeared for a while. everyone who uses a router is happy to see it back again!

nscaler2

Which wire???

CradlePoint has released Firmware Version 2.3 that provides official device support for:

• Verizon BlackBerry Storm, BlackBerry 8330 Curve, and USB760
  • Sprint BlackBerry 8330 Curve, U760, and 598U
  • Alltel UM175
  • AT&T E870, EC228 and Mercury
  • Cricket UM100C
In addition to new device support, a key new feature was added that allows device activation and PRL updates from router admin with Sprint 597U/598U and Verizon 595U, USB720, USB727, USB760 -- that means that customers with feature-compatible devices may never need to use their carrier connection software again!

Much more information about this firmware release can be found in the official Cradlepoint release notes PDF for firmware 2.3

PLEASE NOTE: Upgrading to this firmware release will cause a factory reset from previous firmware. Please be sure to save your configuration settings (Tools -> Admin menu) before loading this firmware and then restore your configuration afterwards.

You can download the latest cradlepoint firmware at: http://www.cradlepoint.com/support/
Alex,
I have a cradelpoint 350 that I got from you guys. I looked at the online instructions that you get when you access the routers internal instructions thru the routers url. Anyway it says that it must be wire connected to a pc to be able to upload the new firmware. Do they mean wired thru the USB port or thru the ethernet port? Thanks in advance for the info. By the way, we love the 350. It is everything that it was promised to be. None

AlexSian

Glad you love the CTR350... I love all of them!

Not sure what info you may be reading but its necessary to be wired to the router at all.
can you tell me where exactly you found this link, so i can look into it?

Here's a new link on the cradlepoint site with firmware install instructions:

http://www.cradlepoint.com/knowledge-base/update-firmware

hope that helps.

Last edited:

nscaler2

The link is in the help section of the router

Glad you love the CTR350... I love all of them!

Not sure what info you may be reading but its necessary to be wired to the router at all.
can you tell me where exactly you found this link, so i can look into it?

Here's a new link on the cradlepoint site with firmware install instructions:

http://www.cradlepoint.com/knowledge-base/update-firmware

hope that helps.

This is the address of the page in the help section of the router that states--
Firmware Upgrade Note: Firmware upgrade cannot be performed from a wireless device. To perform an upgrade, ensure that you are using a PC that is connected to the router by wire.
Note: Some firmware upgrades reset the configuration options to the factory defaults. Before performing an upgrade, be sure to save the current configuration from the Tools -> Admin screen.
UploadOnce you have a firmware update on your computer, use this option to browse for the file and then upload the information into the router.
The url in the router for this is http://192.168.0.1/Help_Tools.html#firmware.

AlexSian

nscaler, that text in help is outdated, and i'm sure they'll replace in future.
you can be connected to router via wifi or ethernet cable.
(USB cable to router from computer does not allow a connection to router.)