Springs or Bags

Dry Heat

I've pulled my 2007 Sundance 2700RL thousands of miles, but have always been concerned about the way the back of my 99 F250 PSD squats down when hitched up. What's the most cost effective way to stiffen up the rear suspension when towing and not compromise ride quality when unhitched? I appreciate your help.
Bill

truknutt

Committed Member
Bill,

I have a 2001 F250 SuperCab Short Bed w/AirLift Super Duty 5000 bags & onboard air controller on it (now called Load Lifter 5000). When needed they really work! DW says the unloaded ride isn't like it was before though. It did ride nice & cushy when it was new & empty but I keep telling her it's a truck!! A co-worker has the same setup but on a long bed and the unloaded ride seems less harsh/stiff to me. I found mine at J.C. Whitney on sale some years ago.

Here are some other options and their manufacturer's links to look at:

Air Lift Load Lifter

Rancho Add-A-Leaf

SuperSprings overload springs

Have you considered adding an F-350 overload spring from the scrapyard. It may be the least expensive way to go.

Hope this helps,

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
Dry Heat I have a 06 F250 6.0 with the Airlift 5000, I had a dodge 1500 with Super Springs, cost is similat, and I can say that i like the bags better for lifting. The ride unloaded is not as good as loaded but I feel better with my headlights on the street now and not in the sky.

2010augusta

Bill,

Kelderman air ride is another option that is very nice if ride comfort is important. Here is a link to your type of truck. My f-450 came with the kit installed and it works great and provides a nice ride, even for a 450. it is pricey at $1375, but personally it is a better system than the bags and springs that set on top of the axles.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Mor-ryde also has the ability to upgrade the suspension on a tow vehicle. If interested contact Gary Wheeler at Mor-ryde at 574-293-1581 ext 222

jnbhobe

I use progresive helper springs by triangle spring, I took out the factory helpers and replaced them with the 4 leaf helpers. This way I still have the original factory ride. Jon ;) ;)

fjspinelli

Common Sense Jake
I just installed the Firestone Ride Rites today. After figuring out some of the glitches of the instructions the install went well. Unloaded with 20 psi the rear of the truck was up 2 or 3 inches. I can't wait to hook up and roll down the road. I did not install all the fancy guages or compressor. Instead I inflated them and will check the pressure like my tires.

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?N=115+400136

Attachments

• 0301091628.jpg
    0301091628.jpg
    285 KB · Views: 27

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I have the gauges and compressor with mine and that allows me to make a change (either adding or subtracting) while moving.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
I love my Firestone Air Bags! ...... they were only $240 shipped and i installed them myself (no drilling).

santafedave

Santafedave
Airbags

I just had the firestone airbags with the in cab controller on my 2004 F250. I have a 3750 Cyclone and my truck rides great with the airbags. I have a 4 inch lift on her and adding the airbags helps when the wind is blowing and when you are going thru mountain passes. Also the truck doesn't squat as much and I can air down to hitch up. D.