Ramps, and Lifts and heaters...Oh My!

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Here are some videos and pdf files for the various lifts and ramps that I have been researching for myself. Depending on your situation these may be great or a total waste of disk space.

But, just about anything you want, you can find on the internet. Finding is easy. Knowing what to search for is the hard part.

First, for you dancing and dining pleasure is a neat little heater that will go under your carpet or your floor. I've seen these laid under tiles and painted concrete floors. This is what I'm having put in the living room and part of the kitchen. They will not heat your trailer. But, they do heat the floor to a toasty, toasty. These are thermostatically controlled and can be set up to plug into a wall outlet. I think their current draw is not that high.

These are the information brochure and installation instructions:

Guaranteed to keep your tootsies warm! The World Famous ThermoFloor. Trust me, it's just the thing for diabetic foot or feet.

Last edited:

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Follow the Yellow Brick RollaRamp

RollaRamp is a rollup ramp that can be used at many locations around your home. It rolls up and is easily transportable.

The RollaRamp comes in various links and configurations to meet a lot of situations. Check it out. .

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Pay no attention to the man on the Chair Lift

Check this brochure out! Here are some pretty sporty lifts that can be installed on pickups. Trick out your Texas Cadillac with the man's manlift. This ain't your Aunt Helens get out of your car free lifts. These lifts are designed to appeal to A MAN!...or maybe a couple of ladies I grew up with. You tell "Big Dot" she needs a shave!

Bruno's Truck Solution is just what I am looking for. And, have already started negotiations with the VA on this one. The vendor in Pennysylvania quoted me a price of over $11,000 on the chair and wheelchair lift. Which is highway robbery...

Last edited:

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
What's that under the house, Dorothy??

Wanna Get in the Trailer the Easy Way?? This is the ticket. Believe it or not, there are lots of power lifts to get you into and out of motorhomes, travel traiers, and fifth wheels. It took a lot of surfing to find one that fit under the trailer and that not look like a chain hoist duct taped to the side of the trailer.

If you find one that does the same theme, but looks better, let me know. I'm still looking myself.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Snags and other things

The lift that I wanted will not fit the 3055RL and probably no Heartland product that has the sewer tanks located in the same place. Some of these UVL (Under Vehicle Lifts) require as much as 5 feet under the RV...and there is 33 inches available on the 3055RL.

So, it looks like this lift is what I'm going to have to use.
P1010069.jpg

This is fine for my needs...I don't need to bring the wheelchair inside. It would be nice..but, not a necessity.

Here's the other one they recommend...in a word, "NO" ain't gonna happen.

standinglift03.jpg

More as it occurs.

cjbearden

Visitor
http://www.abilitiesexpo.com/ If anyone is near these locations, might be a worthwhile visit.

http://myport-a-lift.com/rv.html Personal lift for RV

http://www.discountramps.com/electric-rv-lift-platform.htm Interesting site for the step lift plus so much more. Pet owners - there are pet ramps and many other pet items (wooden toy box and steps, even doggie shoes)! The tailgate step for dogs looks like it would be great for people!

Do you have a link for the last two pictures of the single step lift to stand on?

Thanks Lefty for all the research you are doing that will make life so much easier for the physically challenged of every description. You should consider being a spokesperson for some company and you definitely need a website of your own showing all you have done to your RV and truck. Keep the ideas coming!!

truknutt

Committed Member
This is fine for my needs...I don't need to bring the wheelchair inside. It would be nice..but, not a necessity.

Lefty,

What style of chair are you intending to use; powered or manual? I was assuming a manual but I never can tell with you!!! I'll keep searching for lifts.

Another thing...your new leg...How much range of motion does it allow at the knee? I'm by no means any kind of expert on these topics, I'm just trying to picture what you are dealing with. Are climbing steps out of the question?

Enlighten me Obi-Wan Kenobi!

Dave

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
This is what I wanted:

trvtrl1.jpg

This is what I'm getting:

P1010057.jpg

This is what they wanted to install:

standinglift01.jpg

All my chairs are manual folding..no power chairs for this kid. As for the knee it's made by c bock. It's the computerized job called the C-leg. It's almost got the same range of motion as the human leg.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
http://www.abilitiesexpo.com/ If anyone is near these locations, might be a worthwhile visit.

http://myport-a-lift.com/rv.html Personal lift for RV

http://www.discountramps.com/electric-rv-lift-platform.htm Interesting site for the step lift plus so much more. Pet owners - there are pet ramps and many other pet items (wooden toy box and steps, even doggie shoes)! The tailgate step for dogs looks like it would be great for people!

Do you have a link for the last two pictures of the single step lift to stand on?

Thanks Lefty for all the research you are doing that will make life so much easier for the physically challenged of every description. You should consider being a spokesperson for some company and you definitely need a website of your own showing all you have done to your RV and truck. Keep the ideas coming!!

The myportalift.com was one of the offers provided...my response was No, Nyet, Nichts, Nada, Nope, Uh Uh, and a few Vietnamese expletives best left outside of mixed company.

I was not happy with the apparent "crap" they try to foist on a people.