Trailer Height adjustment

scott b

Good morning , After many problems with my new Dodge Diesel I have decided to pursue the Lemon Law act here in Ca.This is not an easy decision because I really like my truck however it has become so aggravating that I feel no choice. I am considering a new Duramax 3500 HD 4x4 , which leads me to this question for Mr Beletti, Jim does Heartland have adjustable height shackles on the Big Horn or Landmark? Can they be ordered as an option? I understand that GM has a little higher bed rail as of this year and some are having clearance issues with the bed rails. I appreciate any information you can give me with respect to this question . For those of you that have the Duramax are you pleased with your Truck and how it tows ? Thanks Scott

jpmorgan37

Scott;

Here is another thread that discusses this issue. Here In my opinion, if you don't go to oversize tires and wheels, you will be able to maintain 6 inches of bed rail clearance with just adjustments to the hitch and still maintain your coach relatively level for pulling.

John

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Scott, I love my truck. Havent had 1 thing go wrong with the drive train. You should not have any problem with getting bed rail clearance. Bob:D

jbeletti

...leads me to this question for Mr Beletti, Jim does Heartland have adjustable height shackles on the Big Horn or Landmark?...

Scott,

I heard back from Engineering today. The answer is that the shackles are not adjustable but that we "may" be able to accommodate. Best bet is to contact the factory before you place your order to ensure we can do what you need.

Thanks,

Jim

Niles

Just wondering, since I have a Dodge what are your problems with the truck? I know CA has different emission rules on trucks, and I'm just guessing if that is your problem. Thanks