Quality control

busted2341

I guess what I have read about QC in the factory still holds true. Wife and I found a 3055 in Camal Suede in San Antonio area, too much brown, anyway the first thing we noticed was the mirror doors for the entry wouldn't close, just out of alignment I guess. Walking through this brand new unit, we saw the molding on top of the cabnits over the Frig, broken, just split and falling off, the big one came with the entertainment slide. WOW, The hole side facia didn't even get screwed in, all the screws missed their mark. Dealer said he would fix but come-on, how did that get past the QC. Saw some other miner stuff but!! I hope I haven't made a mistake ordering the 3055 due in soon. Wheww..

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I agree with you, but don't fret. We Purchased our 3500RL off the lot and found many little things to be fixed. The dealer took care of them all without any hassle whatsoever. I do believe that a good dealership makes or breaks your experience with the type of unit you pick, regardless of the manufacturer. I do think the Heartland should practice what they preach in the way of quality control. Too many things as far as I'm concerned left the factory in need of attention. We love our new camper and are very happy with the dealership that sold it to us. Good luck with yours.

mrcomer

ChopperBill

looked at an early 3055 last weekend and thought it looked pretty good as far as QC goes. I did notice a few things that I didn't like. The molding around the shower door looked unfinished. Just butted together. Some kind of corner molding would have looked nicer. And I cant see how some of the Cabinet doors a drawers stay open on the road. Just don't seem tight enough too me. While in Quartzsite I looked at a bunch of Montana's. Now thats a unit I couldn't see how got through QC. Molding along the ceiling was 1/2-1 inch from butting up to each other in just about everyone we saw. Montana is the number one seller so I guess they are not immune from problems.

Deb

Deb
From what I hear about Montanas - they give lots of goodies that people fall for and leave quality built units lacking. We wouldn't even consider buying a Montana.

Deb

ChopperBill

Deb said:
From what I hear about Montanas - they give lots of goodies that people fall for and leave quality built units lacking. We wouldn't even consider buying a Montana.

Deb
What is a turn off on the whole Keystone line up is that CHEAP ABS shower. The Montana was the worst with the ghetto style look like tile. Haven't seen that in 30 years!

mobilrvn

Unfortunately, we have a Montana and it has been just a piece of junk. Took it to the factory for a multitude of repairs and a lot of them were poorly done. Gave up trying to get everything fixed under warranty. We now have new family saying, "Friends don't let friends buy a Montana."

Deb said:

Deb

You are so right. We looked at the Montans and I didn't think that highly of their work at all comparing them to the Bighorns. And let me tell you that my eyes were burning and I could not even finish going through some of them because of the fermaldihyde (sp?) in them.

GQ

busted2341

3055 arrived

Well, we received our new trailer yesterday, signed and about to be delivered. The walk thru went very well. The only real problem was the fireplace was installed with the facia at an angle and the switch for the over the couch lights was backwards. Congrates to the factory for the Unit arriving with relatively small problems. The fireplace did concern me and I hope it can be fixed, how it came out of the factory like that is still a QC question, a simple looking at would have seen that or someone did and just said LET IT GO....anyway looks good.....:D

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader

QC, think needs to be addressed a little more. We went for our walkthrough yesterday. There was so much damage to the wood. Small nicks, scratchs. nails that missed or that were not there. During the walkthrough the fellow that is will be doing the wood work repair came in and commented about so much damage. Although he did think the finish was first rate. There is at leasts 3 doors on order to be replaced, and a few other things that I cannot remember.
The fridge door should be lefthand swing so when on the raod one could get into the fridge. We all do not set up and stay in one place forever.
We love the layout and general finish of the unit. It is just the little things that should not be damaged with a little more care
:confused: