Hitch advice needed

wyleyrabbit

For pulling the 3055rl, can I use a Reese 15k hitch? Or do I need the Hitchhiker 16k that the dealer sells?

Chris

lrmike

The Heartland website shows the 3055RL with a GVWR of 14,000 lbs and a dry weight of just over 11,000 lbs. A Reese 15K is suitable for the application by these numbers being rated at 15000 lbs. Some people prefer to add in a little 'cushion' with the hitch rating if possible. I believe hitch ratings include a 'safety factor' also, so they are safe at their rated capacity.

jnbhobe

Chris; the difference to me would be if I had rails in the bed or not, after that is the pin lock, the Reese is just a bar across the pin where some others wrap around the pin.That could reduce chucking. JON ;) ;)

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
For pulling the 3055rl, can I use a Reese 15k hitch? Or do I need the Hitchhiker 16k that the dealer sells?

Chris

I have a 3055RL. I have a Reese Supreme 18K. I don't like the 15K oughta...I want the 18K Gonna. If something can break, jam, explode, implode, shatter, or in any other mess up and destroy...it's gonna happen to me.