Side Curtains verses Valance's

Cooper

I have a 2006 Golden Gate that I changed out the curtains to valance's. It looks a lot better and prevents light from coming around the side of the curtain and people peeping in at night.

K

Ken Washington

Cooper,
I have been thinking about doing the same thing! Where did you get your valance's and did you already have the top part? Our Grand Canyon has the hard top with curtains for the sides. I see that Heartland has done away with curtains and I wonder if I can get the side parts to go with what I have.

Cooper

I bought the whole set from my heartland dealer for $125.00. The top was already a valance and had side curtains. I replaced the side curtains looks great.

K

Ken Washington

Cooper,
Got my dealer checking into them as of right now. Were they hard to install and what did you have to do to put them on. Thanks for your help.
Ken

Cooper

Side curtains for a Golden Gate

First I leveled my 5er and ran the slides out. Then I removed the old curtains and hangers brackets. When installing the valances I tried to use the old screw holes or cover them up with the valance brackets. The bracket holes that I could not cover I took a plastic puddy knife and pushed the wall covering back into the holes to hide them. The side valances fit up inside the top valance. You need a good level, tape measure, codrless drill and your wifes trust. If these valances are not level and straight you will spot it in a heart beat. Stand back and look at each one before you mount them.

Put the valance in the upper part level and set your length from the top of the upper valance to the bottom of the side valance keep this measurment for both sides of the window. Remove the side valance and install your brackets then reinstall valance. Now fasten the upper valance to the lower with a screw. I ran the screw in the upper valance material so that the screw head was hidden in the material. I had a little trouble with the rear ones because of the wall mounted lights, but they will fit ok.
It looks great and makes the coach look more elegant.

PS your boss (wife) will love it

K

Ken Washington

Cooper,
Thanks so much for your help! Waiting for the dealer to get back with me on price and if I can get them for my unit. Ken

Cooper

Ken, if your dealer can not get them for you they should be easy to build. Hows NC I have a son that lives in Maggie Valley

K

Ken Washington

Cooper,
We have had a very mild winter and looking forward to camping season. The mountains had some snow but not as much as normal. Looking forward to going up your son's way this summer. Ken
P.S. Hope someday our paths cross and I get to meet you!

Cooper

That would be great. I was in Maggie Valley the week of Xmas. They have some nice camp grounds. I pulled my 5er from Texas it pulled great. We stop and stayed in Memphis coming and going.

ct0218

Would you believe it's snowing in Maggie Valley as I'm posting this? Supposed to get up to 3 inches tonight, so I guess spring will start next week.

K

Ken Washington

Cooper,
Dealer just got back with me and he said Heartland wants $150.00 per window. Was yours $125.00 per window or for all the windows in your coach? Thanks again for your help and it looks like I maybe building mine!
Ken

Cooper

They were $125.00 for the set I got them at Explorer USA my Heartland dealer. There is not $40.00 dollars worth of material in the whole set.