Lo Profile Dish Mount

Mels Musty Music

Found this idea for an in-expensive replacemant for the typical tri-pod satellite mount on another RV Forum. Don't think it would be stable enough for a HD dish but its working good for the standard dish I still use. Because its so low to the ground it seems to withstand winds better than anything I've used before. Had a few days of pretty good gusts here in Winterhaven last week and didn't have any problems. If anybodys interested heres the link to the plans -

http://bbrv.dreamstation.com/sat.html

Attachments

• 100_2237.jpg
    100_2237.jpg
    467.9 KB · Views: 57

SLJKansas

SLJKansas
I have a dish 500 dish and I use an umbrella stand that you would use with patio table umbrella. The one I bought was a square cast iron unit with a pole about 16" tall. the mast pipe for the dish fits down inside the pipe, and the mount has a set screw to tighten it down. My dish site about a total of 3 foot high from base to top of dish. Was inexpensive and after dish is removed, it stores very easily.

Bought it a True Value hardware store.

snuffy

Found this idea for an in-expensive replacemant for the typical tri-pod satellite mount on another RV Forum. Don't think it would be stable enough for a HD dish but its working good for the standard dish I still use. Because its so low to the ground it seems to withstand winds better than anything I've used before. Had a few days of pretty good gusts here in Winterhaven last week and didn't have any problems. If anybodys interested heres the link to the plans -

http://bbrv.dreamstation.com/sat.html

I use a variation of this same mount and love it. Only problem with it is the questions.:confused: HD seems to be a little more critical than the standard but I haven't tried it yet.

fjspinelli

Common Sense Jake
Here is the portable mount I have used for the past 4 years. It was a little pricey when I purchased it, but well worth the expense over the life of the mount. I most often use the simple stake that comes with it to mount the dish at ground level. The only time I have put it top side is at Ocean Lakes, SC.

http://www.rvdishmount.com/

Good luck.

FJ

Mels Musty Music

Lo Profile Mount

Have to say that this one is not very pricey which made it attractive to me. A 10' piece of 1" PVC and various fittings all for about $5.00. I splurged and bought levelers for each leg which added to the cost but was worth it. The wind was really gusty here at Casa Grande today and it has been holding steady all day with just a 10 lb weight sitting on the base - no other anchors.

Snuffy - I understand what you mean about the questions. I always get " Does that really work?"

Mels Musty Music

Roger & Karen

Because the dish is set 90 degrees from the normal tri-pod position you have to subtract the elevation for your location from 90 to get the correct setting. The azmuith stays the same.
I have to admit the first time I used this set-up I forgot about the 90 degree offset and spent 2 hours checking my cabling connections, TV, etc. before I remembered the change in elevation. Oh well.