New Sundance xlt 245 rl

jc21

Hi all.

I am from Ireland and recently retired. In June 07 I purchased a 28 foot class c rv. As a visitor I have been using the rv off and on for the last 20 months.
We have had to park as close to tourist attractions and use local transport into central points, also we have had to unhook for local shopping etc.
On this trip we have travelled from Vancouver with our destination Escapees club in Livingston.

Whilst on our travels we stopped off at Quartzsite and looked at some 5th wheelers. Spoke to LaMesa dealers and they pointed us to there dealership in Tucson.

As usual on impulse we have swapped our rv for a new Sundance xlt 245 rl 5th wheeler and a 2004 Ford F350 xlt super duty v8 power stroke turbo diesel with 80,000 miles.
We collect tomorrow Monday 2nd February. We have asked to stay overnight in their parking lot and they have agreed. We have read JPmorgan 37 pdi list.

Couple points to mention. I have never towed anything like this before, although I am doing a HGV driving test back home.

Ok a couple questions
1. Is this 5th wheeler a good make.
2. Is the ford ok for towing
3. Any web pages that gives points for driving 5th wheelers
4. Any must have fitted/parts/tools/equipment before we continue down to Livingston.

Joe
PS anything urgent please email me
jcampb5727@aol.com

cjbearden

Visitor
We recommend you have a surge guard for the electrical; a water pressure regulator (one that properly fits your hoses); extra water hoses; general tool box, which you should already have; ample sewer hose with crawler to hold up this hose at some locations to allow proper drainage. You may consider getting water filters (good charcoal and ceramic at a minium). We use two charcoal and one ceramic. There are threads in this forum with pictures of what some have done for water filters.

Although A/C filters are supposed to be washable; consider buying some extra filter material just in case the provided filter doesn't last as expected.

Wood blocks to place under landing gear feet when balancing. Have dealer place two small levels at front of RV (one on the back wall under the nose cap near the switch for the front landing gear and one on the side wall around the corner from that same switch).

Dehumidifier if you plan to be in Texas or any humid area for long lengths of time. There are threads in this forum about that also.

I'm sure others will jump in with other ideas. Welcome to the good old USA and the Heartland Family. You have a great support system here as well as HL Customer Service. If you get a chance, attend a local HL rally somewhere or make the international rally in Goshen in June! You will be glad you did.

Safe and happy travels.

C.J. and J.D.

Rmcgrath53

Hi all.

I am from Ireland and recently retired. In June 07 I purchased a 28 foot class c rv. As a visitor I have been using the rv off and on for the last 20 months.
We have had to park as close to tourist attractions and use local transport into central points, also we have had to unhook for local shopping etc.
On this trip we have travelled from Vancouver with our destination Escapees club in Livingston.

Whilst on our travels we stopped off at Quartzsite and looked at some 5th wheelers. Spoke to LaMesa dealers and they pointed us to there dealership in Tucson.

As usual on impulse we have swapped our rv for a new Sundance xlt 245 rl 5th wheeler and a 2004 Ford F350 xlt super duty v8 power stroke turbo diesel with 80,000 miles.
We collect tomorrow Monday 2nd February. We have asked to stay overnight in their parking lot and they have agreed. We have read JPmorgan 37 pdi list.

Couple points to mention. I have never towed anything like this before, although I am doing a HGV driving test back home.

Ok a couple questions
1. Is this 5th wheeler a good make.
2. Is the ford ok for towing
3. Any web pages that gives points for driving 5th wheelers
4. Any must have fitted/parts/tools/equipment before we continue down to Livingston.

Joe
PS anything urgent please email me
jcampb5727@aol.com

WE love our Sundance.
The truck, I have heard that the 2004 ,with a 6.o power stroke wasnt a very good year for that diesel. Maybe you can lower the price for that truck