Baseboard Heater?

2010augusta

I have read through the EdenPure discussion, but I still have questions about good electric heaters. For about the same cost as the 4 disc Pelonis, I can get a 47" 110volt baseboard heater to set behind the recliners. I don't know how safe it would be with two playful dogs running around. I don't have any experience with baseboard heaters before. I just want something better than the small ceramic units to help reduce propane usage.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
I have read through the EdenPure discussion, but I still have questions about good electric heaters. For about the same cost as the 4 disc Pelonis, I can get a 47" 110volt baseboard heater to set behind the recliners. I don't know how safe it would be with two playful dogs running around. I don't have any experience with baseboard heaters before. I just want something better than the small ceramic units to help reduce propane usage.

What is the current draw on a 47" unit? I thought the same thing about the pelonis units until I bought two...my propane usage has dropped by 1/2.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
They are rated to draw 750 watt/6.25amp on lo and 1500watt/12.5amp on hi click here for one of the units I have found.

I would not mount anything behind the couch...just a personal thing. The oil filled heaters work pretty good...and those could go behind the couch without setting the trailer on fire. I had two of those in my uninsulated Airstream and they worked pretty well. The oil continues to radiate head between heating cycles.

Shadowchek

Having an electric heater close to a wall in the 5th wheel makes me a little nervous. you need to read up on the necessary clearance to combustibles then be very careful. That area behind the couch is prime realestate for our feet when we turn the chairs around because we have a view out the back. As far as output goes with electric heaters unless it is a heat pump your wattage rating will be your heat output. The efficiency from one to another is the same. Some have better thermostats than others. Some have fans and some don't. Some have quieter fans than others. There are all different shapes. some have better safety features although the newer ones are all required to have tip over shut offs. The oiled filled ones give a little more consistent heat but take longer to get going. Basically you need to find something that fits your space safely that isn't too noisy and at least 2 temperature settings and preferably with a fan. I used to use one without a fan but it just didn't get the coverage I wanted. I have a little 1500 watt heater with a fairly quiet fan a high and low with a tip over shut off I put in the living room. Iwfm.

Greg