Modifications

landp

I am interested in replacing the door between the garage and the kitchen. I want to make the opening larger and put either a pocket type door, so they can slide out of the way or some other type of glass door. I know there is a sliding glass door option. Can this be installed after market? about how much?

Mike Aplin

Which particular floor plan do you currently own? This may or may not determine if this modification can be accomplished.

Mike Aplin

My real question should have been, how handy are you?? I guess anything could possibly be done after the fact, however, you will have to contend with studs, reframing of headers for support etc. It would be a fairly large task, but not totally out of the question. Did you plan on doing the work yourself or at a dealership?

landp

I called the dealer after I posted the message. They gave me a price of $280.00 plus the cost of the door. So I am thinking less than $1,000

Mike Aplin

That sounds great. Please post the results if and when you have the work completed. Thank you for your question.

viking4545

Please let me know how much you spent for this upgrade, I am interested in the same thing and heard from another owner they paid $379, installed. I was also wondering how you like it.

landp

Please let me know how much you spent for this upgrade, I am interested in the same thing and heard from another owner they paid $379, installed. I was also wondering how you like it.

I wonder what they paid for the door vs labor?

bigredtruck

I don't think you would be sorry after it's done. We have the 3210 with the patio door and it really opens things up