Range Vent

We get some serious air coming in through our vent. Seems like there should be something you could put in to stop the problem. We travel full time, and it gets cold.

Anyone have any ideas to help??

cgunn

Flapper

I put a short piece of small armaflex pipe insulation up in the vent on the outside...keeps the flap shut tight...
My little flap damper had the little pins on each end break off before
I started doing this...
Does anyone know where I can buy another plastic damper??

Shadowchek

I put a short piece of small armaflex pipe insulation up in the vent on the outside...keeps the flap shut tight...
My little flap damper had the little pins on each end break off before
I started doing this...
Does anyone know where I can buy another plastic damper??

I had to replace mine . I went to 4 local dealers the first 3 could order the whole thing for 19.99 then I found it in stock at another dealer for 17.00. It is a fairly comon Item any dealer should be able to help you out. I would suggest taking a picture of it with you. Or just search for it at the online stores.

Greg

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
We get some serious air coming in through our vent. Seems like there should be something you could put in to stop the problem. We travel full time, and it gets cold.

Anyone have any ideas to help??

I'm looking for a replacment made of metal. The old style spring loaded one...with the chain where you can pull it in and lock it. I'm not concerned about looks..but, I am concerned about large, large drafts.

davebennington

I have had the same problem with the vent and have wondered why Heartland or some other enterprising person has not looked into using something like the fantastic fan on the vent were you could use a remote to open and close the vent. That way you would not have to mess with the little tabs and you would have a tight seal to the outside.

Dave

Thanks for the advice, and have to agree that Heartland should understand that it is a problem. Seems like you could replace the vent on the outside, with one that was more curved. Does that make sense??

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Thanks for the advice, and have to agree that Heartland should understand that it is a problem. Seems like you could replace the vent on the outside, with one that was more curved. Does that make sense??

Try to find one. The sides of these things are flat.

nscaler2

Hinges broken on ours too!!

I wonder if the factory could at least tell us what the size of the opening that the outside vent assembly is. There are a few available on line that state rough opening sizes. Or perhaps the factory could tell us how to get a new one and what it would cost. I found one at this web address http://rvpartscenter.com/ProductDetail.asp?PID=20263&SID=9&DID=105&CID=287 That is relatively inexpensive, but don't know if it would fit the rough opening that currently exists in our 3055RL

jbeletti

I wonder if the factory could at least tell us what the size of the opening that the outside vent assembly is.

Wonder no more :) I can at least get you these dimensions. Give me a few days to hear back from the plant.

Thanks,

Jim

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
We lost the door in our vent, it was my fault as I did not lock it down for travel but it is so high on the trailer that you have to drag out a ladder to reach it. After loosing the door while here in Texas where the winds blow nearly all the time we kept getting dust and sand blowing in through the vent and covering the cooktop so I got some 00 steel wool and stuffed two peices up into the outside of the vent, not sure if the draft coming in through the vent is any better or not but at least I have no dust or sand on the cooktop.

Don

Shadowchek

The part that sticks through the opening is 10 1/2" wide x 3 1/2"tall and 1 5/8" deep.
the part that screws into the side is 12 1/4" wide and 5 3/8" tall.
The outer cover is 12 7/8" wide and 6" tall.

Greg

Last edited:

jbeletti

The part that sticks through the opening is 10 1/2" wide x 3 1/2"tall and 1 5/8" deep.
the part that screws into the side is 12 1/4" wide and 5 3/8" tall.
Thye outer cover is 12 7/8" wide and 6" tall.

Greg

Dare we ask how you know this Greg :eek:

Jim

jbeletti

Word from the factory is that on units that have the vent, the rough opening in our walls is 11" x 4".

Jim

Shadowchek

It seems as though there just happened to be a less than perfect one sitting on my work bench at home when I read this post. "Things happen and life moves on".

Greg

Someone mention a door in the vent, we don't have a door. Those little hinges that you move, do nothing on our unit. I don't even know why they are there. They look nice, but provide nothing.

jnbhobe

Sounds to me like you have allready lost the flap on your vent ???? Just a thought !! JON :confused: :confused: :confused:

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
Brogie they come with a hinged door that stays closed as long as the vent fan is not operating and those little hinges that you move locks the door down for travel and the door will blow off if you don't lock it down. Don 't ask me how I know.

Don