water tank

davebennington

While de-winterizing our Golden Gate yesterday I filled the water tank completely full. I noticed that the tank swelled alot even to the point that it pushed the underbelly material down on one side and you could see the tank. Once I drained the tank it went back to the normal size however the underbelly material still was pushed down. Is there a brace of some sort that should be under the tank that is missing? I will have to admit I never filled the tank to completely full before as I do not like to haul around that much water.

Dave:)

Scott

Water Tank

Dave,
The water tank in the earlier Landmark models sets on a plywood sheet that sits on and between two angle iron pieces of steel (that run side to side on the coach). If you fill the tank up past full, it will begin to swell and will cause the plywood to bow downward.
We have even seen some instances where the tank was overfilled enough to cause the plywood to pop out of place because it was so severely bowed, causing the tank to come out of place.
To completely prevent this possibility, Heartland added a 3" flat stock piece of steel that runs between the two angle iron pieces, below the plywood.

This is something you may want to consider adding to your coach. If so, contact your dealer and he will be able to get one for you.

ST