Where is the Converter ???

cjhicks

I just spend the day going over all of the Manuals that came with our 2009 3410RE , trying to match up Model and Ser. numbers. Does any one know where the have hidden the Converter?? I took the front panel off of the Power Control Center but the Mod # there does not match any papers that I have. Thanks, Calvin Hicks

2010augusta

Mine is hidden behind the "big" wall in the storage area. tucked way back in the guts of the electrical and plumbing systems. Sort of close to being under the stairs going to the bed room.

cjhicks

Thanks for your replys, I did not think that it would be in any place that would easy to get too. So I will leave it alone and let some service teck. find it if I ever have a problem with it.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
I just spend the day going over all of the Manuals that came with our 2009 3410RE , trying to match up Model and Ser. numbers. Does any one know where the have hidden the Converter?? I took the front panel off of the Power Control Center but the Mod # there does not match any papers that I have. Thanks, Calvin Hicks

I'd give Heartland a call and find out from them. There's too much stuff to be removed to do this hit and miss....

Mariposa

Converter?

Mine was under toylet. Some water was leaking on it. I replaced the converter and move it just behind the basement wall, on the wall that is part of the staircase. Biggest problem was I couldn't find the right color wires of the right size and only needing about 10' or so. Also wanted a place where air could get to it. Now works good and can be check easly.

jbeletti

Larry,

The converters converts 110 volts AC shore power into 12 volts DC power to essentially charge your coach battery. At the same time it charges the battery, it has enough power to power the DC items in your RV, such as furnace fan, control circuit for refer, water pump, most lighting, vent fans, electric jacks, any electric slide rooms etc.

An inverter inverts 12 volt (usually) DC power from a battery or bank of batteries into 110 volts AC power so that you can power AC powered items in your coach, to the capacity of the inverter and batteries. AC powered items in your coach such as TVs, stereo system, C-PAP, BI-PAP, refrigerator, air conditioner, microwave etc. That said, it is not usually practical to use inverter power for high-power-demand items like the air conditioner, microwave, space heaters etc. Their current demand will suck the battery bank dry pretty fast.

All coaches come with a converter. Some coaches (from other manufacturers) may be orderable with an inverter. Most RV style inverters have a DC charging circuit in them that in most cases, can eliminate the need to use the OEM supplied converter for battery charging.

That all said, I do not have an inverter and am speaking from what I have read, not what I have experienced. I invite the real experts to please put a finer point on my input.

Jim

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
JimBo,
Thanks for the education. I think I actually understand. The problem is that I use a Bi-Pap, but have no cigarette lighter, so if u get one where do u plug it in? And will it last for the nite, if you have no genny? In fact I wonder how long u can dry camp without a genny? It's not worth it to buy, if you can't use any of those items you mentioned, as it will ruin the battery. Is my assumptions correct?

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Good question Gerry,
Cpap and bipap are both for sleep apnea that forces air into your lungs so you don't snore and don't stop breathing while you sleep. In order to see if you have sleep apnea you must take a sleep test in a lab. The cpap takes your worse amount of lack of air and continuously shoots that into your nose thru a mask or nose pillows. The bipap adjusts air flow automatically while you are sleeping so that you are not in a wind tunnel but get enough air. GMC's (Butch) wife Stacy works with these machines, so she could answer your question more thoroughly. By the way it sucks having a pillow attached to a hose connected to the machine. Try turning over in your sleep. But it saved my life and I don't snore anymore as an added attraction.

truknutt

Committed Member
APAP or AutoPAP or AutoCPAP (Automatic Positive Airway Pressure) automatically titrates, or tunes, the amount of pressure delivered to the patient to the minimum required to maintain an unobstructed airway on a breath-by-breath basis by measuring the resistance in the patient's breathing, thereby giving the patient the precise pressure required at a given moment and avoiding the compromise of fixed pressure.

CPAP (Continuous Positive Airway Pressure)
A continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) machine was initially used mainly by patients for the treatment of sleep apnea at home, but now is in widespread use across intensive care units as a form of ventilation.

VPAP or BiPAP (Variable/Bilevel Positive Airway Pressure) provides two levels of pressure: Inspiratory Positive Airway Pressure (IPAP) and a lower Expiratory Positive Airway Pressure (EPAP) for easier exhalation. (Some people use the term BPAP to parallel the terms APAP and CPAP.)