Bigfoot levelers

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
With all the problems noted about the jacks on the rigs...I just requested a quote from Big Foot to install their levelers all around. I'll post their quote when it arrives.

SmokeyBare

Lefty,

I just picked up a set of used Stabilizers taken off a Carriage Fifth wheel. They installed Bigfoot system and love it. They should make your set up a breeze...

Delaine and Lindy

Hydraulic Jacks.......

We went to White Flint MI once upon a time to have the Big Foot system installed but ran into a problem because we had a onboard Generator, and our Propane tanks were mounted in the front corners on both sides. I just didn't want to be cutting the landing gear holes larger. I haven't talked to anyone who doesn't like the system. My quote in 2006 was $3,093 for a fully automatic leveling system.

The 5er we have now has 6 hydraulic jacks. We have two that are mounted just forward of the front axle that are used for side to side leveling and the fronts are for leveling front to rear. The rear jacks are for support. The mid jacks can lift the wheels off the ground they are very powerful. After pulling onto the site it takes about 5 minutes to set the 5er down and level. I really like the system, it takes a lot of work out of setting the 5er down. GBY.......

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
about 5 minutes to set the 5er down and level. I really like the system, it takes a lot of work out of setting the 5er down. GBY.......

And, I'll bet it makes hitching up lot easier too. "Hey Ethel! Babe hit that red switch one more time for me will ya, over!??"

I like the idea you had...have two put up front...two in the middle...and leave the factory ones in back for steadying the whole thing. Hmmmm.....I wonder.

Blessed

We had Big Foot levelers installed when we ordered the trailer. Big Foot told me it was actually cheaper to have my dealer contact them and arrange installation when the trailer was built. So my trailer went from Indiana to Michigan then to the dealer in Ohio. I love these things --- I push 1 button and my trailer is level front to back and side to side.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I've been wanting a Big Foot system since a friend of mine had one installed on his SOB. I installed the stabilizers, and they help make the trailer steady, but I still wish I could hit a switch and have the trailer automatically level itself.
Guess I'm just lazy.....

billd

I had a set of Big Foot levelers installed on my 3670RL. Well worth the money and no fuss about setup anymore.

Bill

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Bill,
How about bringing those Bigfoot Levelers to Oregon June 12-15 for our rally? There will be several other 3670's there, a couple of Cyclones and 3370's and 3400's, a Big Country, a Landmark, and a bunch of 3055's.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=7549

We would love to have you join us.
Kristy

dennylm

I'm very interested in getting hydraulic levelers installed and see that several of you have had success. But I don't see that any of you have Bighorn 3055's. Does anyone out there know of any successful experiences with putting Bigfoot or HWH levelers on a 3055? (I can easily see the front levelers going in place of the landing jacks, but I'm concerned about where and how the rear jacks would be installed.) Thanks!

Blessed

On my Landmark they installed the rear levelers right behind the tires --- not all the way back where the factory ones are.

RVerFulltime

Fulltiming Since 2004
Frame size

I'm very interested in getting hydraulic levelers installed and see that several of you have had success. But I don't see that any of you have Bighorn 3055's. Does anyone out there know of any successful experiences with putting Bigfoot or HWH levelers on a 3055? (I can easily see the front levelers going in place of the landing jacks, but I'm concerned about where and how the rear jacks would be installed.) Thanks!

I thought I read some where that Bigfoot levelers should be put on 12" frames or larger. Is your Bighorn 3055 a 10" frame or a 12" frame?

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
The 3055RL does have a 10" frame, as do all of the 3 slide models. I had a 3055 when I spoke with Bigfoot by telephone, they told me that they have installed them on these frames and said that they weren't a problem.

I know that Lippert now offers hydraulic levelers, but I'm not certain if they're available on the 10" frame models.

billd

Kristy

Thanks for the invitation, but being currently unemployed my travels have come to a stop until income starts again. I will try and take some pictures of the setup and post them here for all to see.

Bill

Bill,
How about bringing those Bigfoot Levelers to Oregon June 12-15 for our rally? There will be several other 3670's there, a couple of Cyclones and 3370's and 3400's, a Big Country, a Landmark, and a bunch of 3055's.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=7549

We would love to have you join us.
Kristy