Fit and finish on Sundance 2998RB

tmcran

New here and trying to get some info. Have TT and looking to get 5er. Looking at the 2998RB. Like many things about the trailer but what I thought was wood on first look is wood covered by plactic wood grain film. It is coming unstuck,the trim on the ceiling is loose in two places, and the trim on the large slide is not even and over laps each other. This is a new trailer. I'm worried about the quality and workmenship. Any feed back from others would be helpful.

Rmcgrath53

We have the2997bhs. We are happy with our unit.
We had a few issues with the trim. I am a carpenter and fixed what I could ,and had the dealer get a new trim at the slide out that was damaged from manufacturing.

ours is a year old and I would say now it is near perfect.

D

Dave Willis

I would like to know which dealer you are working with so I can find out when the unit was built and get with the plant regarding these issues. We do use solid wood doors, however the stiles are wrapped. We have a very good service and warranty dept. I can assure you that we will take care of any warranty issues that the trailer may have. Sometimes the trim piece's may work loose and with a couple of staples they are easily fixed.

Thanks,

Dave

tmcran

I would like to know which dealer you are working with so I can find out when the unit was built and get with the plant regarding these issues. We do use solid wood doors, however the stiles are wrapped. We have a very good service and warranty dept. I can assure you that we will take care of any warranty issues that the trailer may have. Sometimes the trim piece's may work loose and with a couple of staples they are easily fixed.

Thanks,

Dave

Thanks, PM sent

jimtoo

Hi tmcran,

Welcome to the Heartland Forum and hopefully the Heartland Family.

Yes, some of the Heartland units do use wrapped stiles. But I can assure you from past experience that Heartland will take care of you should you purchase a Sundance.

Heartland is great for customer service and one of the few, if any, that you can actually talk to on the phone or communicate with on the owners forum.

I don't think you will be disappointed with a Heartland Sundance.

Jim M

tmcran

Thanks for your imput. I'm still looking at the Sundance.

Hi tmcran,

Welcome to the Heartland Forum and hopefully the Heartland Family.

Yes, some of the Heartland units do use wrapped stiles. But I can assure you from past experience that Heartland will take care of you should you purchase a Sundance.

Heartland is great for customer service and one of the few, if any, that you can actually talk to on the phone or communicate with on the owners forum.

I don't think you will be disappointed with a Heartland Sundance.

Jim M