replacing porch light

Help, We can't seem to figure out how to get our cover off of our porch light. It needs a new bulb and we've tried everything but don't want to break anything. Is there a trick?

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Help, We can't seem to figure out how to get our cover off of our porch light. It needs a new bulb and we've tried everything but don't want to break anything. Is there a trick?

Hammer, maybe?

Seriously, I'm replacing mine with led's...that thing is too tough to replace the bulbs often.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Spanky, is it the oval light?? A small screw driver will remove the lens. It has 2 clips at the bottom and 1 at the top of the lens. Put the screw driver between the lamp housing and the lens and pry up a little and it will come off. Bob:D

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Spanky, is it the oval light?? A small screw driver will remove the lens. It has 2 clips at the bottom and 1 at the top of the lens. Put the screw driver between the lamp housing and the lens and pry up a little and it will come off. Bob:D

Don't forget the ladder or real long legs.

Yes, it is the oval one. Just didn't want to pry it apart if there was another way. Maybe if we did break it, we could go with what lefty was talking about. We'll try that today. Thanks guys, Brandy

Delaine and Lindy

I replaced our porch light with a Smart Light 1000. Its a Motion sensor type or it can be turned on like a standard porch light. Kinda pricey but work great. GBY...

www.coilnwrap.com