Shower

2 Cats

On my 3795 if you have the bedroom curtain closed you can not open the shower door. Is there a way I can reverse the swing of the door?

Thanks,
Rob

T

tgboyd

Shower Door

Rob,

On my Cyclone you can open the shower door but it isn't very handy with the curtain closed. If we put on any weight there is no way we could squeeze between the curtain and the door. I have looked at it and believe the door could be turned upside down and it would open into the curtain and give you more room. It looks like it would come apart easily and I'm going to try it when I have time. I'll let you know if I'm successful.

Tom

2 Cats

shower door

Tom, Good luck with the door, Let me know how I goes if I get to mine first I'll let you know.
Thanks,
Rob

2 Cats

shower door Flipped!!!!!

Tom, It's fast and easy. I stood inside the shower & removed 5 screws from each side of the door. Then remove 3 small screws from the top rail. Step out of the shower & lock the door lift up the header just to clear the top of the door gently pullout on the top of the door and lift it up & out. turn the door over & replace.put the screws backin the door sides I started in the middle then next up & down one side then the other. Then the small screws in the header you will need a drill or a cordless for the one by the door as the hole is gone from flipping the door there self drilling screws so its no biggie. I also resiliconed the entire frame of the shower if you lay on the floor & look where the track & Base meet there is a pretty large gap I could see right thru mine so I did inside & outside both. worked GREAT:D You can open the door completely with the curtain closed.:D
Completed in less then 1 Hour.
Tools needed, Philips screwdriver,Cordless drill,Tube of 100%silicone.Caulk-gun.
Rob

ToyHauler

Thanks 2Cats! When I picked up my 3795, there was a unit that had just rolled in the night before and low-and-behold, the shower door was flipped from the factory! I'll have to flip mine over soon.

Great post!:)

T

tgboyd

Flipped Shower Door

Toyhauler,

It is easy and take 2Cats suggestion and caulk that shower. I even did mine around the top of the inside shell so no water can run in behind the wall. The door works a lot better flipped. Looks like the factory took our suggestion--I'm sure the shower wasn't designed to open the way they had it on some of the first units.

Tom