Door Side security light

2010augusta

Does any know how and or where the wiring for the door side security light is? I want to add a separate switch to turn it off and leave the porch light on at night. I am thinking about putting a switch behind the porch light if the power wire for the security light leaves the porch light and runs along the side of the roof. Or I can mount a switch behind the security light itself. One more thing, where can I get the 12 volt switches that match the heartland ones. I just need a single with a mounting plate.

Shadowchek

your security light and your porch light are on the same switch ? If that is true that is not good for you, your neibors or dry camping. I would do a post in ask the factory obout this. I have a hard time imagining they would do this. I have seperate switches in the control panel closet.

Greg

should be seperate switches. the HOT wire is jumped to all outside light switches. there should be three seperate LEG wires, one to each outside light. My bet is they have something crossed. i would disconnect all wires, locate HOT, and then see which leg is for which light.

If you have laminated roof, there is a connection in cabinet that sits on kitchen base. (This is where all the roof wires connect to the chassis wires.)

I would start at switches first as this is easiest to access.

2010augusta

I only have two switches for outside lights, one is labeled D/S security/ porch and the other is labeled OD/S security. I don't think it is a wiring problem.

Tom of Ypsi

Try contacting Heartland to see if they will give you how the wiring is run and a couple of switches. I do not understand why Heartland would do away with one a switch, maybe just a mistake. Also why would you want to leave an outside light on all night, somebody trying to break in already knows how to get in and you are already inside plus fellow campers may frown on your decision to leave a light on all night?

2010augusta

The wife and I are currently living on a night shift schedule, so I have to take puppies out all throughout the night, and we sleep from about 8am to 4pm. This is why I want to turn off the really bright security light.

Tom of Ypsi

AHHHH I now see the light and it make total sense. I see you have posted in the "Ask the Factory". Good luck in getting what you need.