New XLT Sundance - PROBLEMS

jc21

Hi all,
well we bought the xlt 24rt sundance 5th wheel at LaMesa rv dealers, Tucson.
Printed out check list spent 3 hours pdi and found some minor faults and got them repaired.
Took delivery and as I had explained to Lamesa I would be heading to Livingston Texas where I would be storing the rig for approx 3 months whilst my wife and I returned to Ireland.

We left Tucson and headed for Texas we travelled approx 300 miles and then decided to stay at a rv park. Connected to electricity and water etc (city water).

When we woke up and got ready to leave we found leaks under the rig. Closer examination we found the whole boxed off area underneath the rig was flooded and the bottom was bulging with water. Disconnected the city water and started draining all tanks.

Contacted Lamesa they said to contact Heartland who in turn put me on to dealers in Texas. The bottom line is I am returning home to Ireland 5 days time and no dealer within a 100 mile radius of Houston can even look at my rig for at least 2 weeks.

The rig is only 2 days old and I wish I had never bought it. They have got my money and have offered no solution. My only hope now is for my mechanic in Livingston may be able to repair the problems Lamesa overlooked and Heartlands wont bother.

Sorry report is so negative, but I expected the rig to last longer than 2 days.

Joe

PS any suggestions. Is this normal standards.
email me with any suggestions
jcampb5727@aol.com

wyleyrabbit

Hi,

Sorry to hear of your problem. I don't think this is in any way typical.

Did you connect the campground's water directly to your RV? Or did you use a regulator, and if so, what kind?

It seems to me that the urgent timeline is on your end. The warranty is for a year, so really this could wait until you get back, right? There isn't anyone using it while you're gone. See about leaving it with a dealer so they can do the repairs and have it fixed while you're gone.

Chris

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Sorry to hear of your problems. I would have thought that hooking up city water while you were doing your PDI would have been on your list.
wyleyrabbit makes a good point though. If you did not use a pressure regulator and the campground had high pressure then that could be a cause of the flood. Either way I know Heartland will take care of it. Please hang in there.

Mark

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
There is an RV repair shop called THE RV SHACK in Livingston. It is on Hwy 59 on the North End of Livingston. Although they are not a Heartland dealer you can check with customer service at Heartland and get an authorization for THE RV SHACK to do the repairs. It is worth a try anyway. Also there is another RV repair place on US190 about 10 miles west of Livingston before you get into Onalaska. I do not know if they are an authorized Heartland repair shop but I did see a Big Horn in there on Tuesday being repaired. Sorry I don't know the name of that shop.

Tom of Ypsi

Try checking with other campers around you and see if they are using a regulator and what their water pressure is. If the pressure is low then I would contact Heartland again giving them the facts and see if they can get one of their dealers to get you in quicker. This is a new coach and this should not have happend. Problems with a new coach is one thing but waters leaks ruin a coach and should be dealt with quickly.

jc21

Problems

Hi all

Water pressure was low at RV site and yes I made a mistake by not checking city water hook up.

I have been in contact with a dealer in Conroe. He cannot do any work on the rig until mid Feb, but if I can get storage arranged in the local area he will let me leave it with him on Fri or Sat and he will sort the problem out. Once finished he will make arrangements to have the rig transferred to the storage yard (fee to be arranged).

I know that the warranty lasts for a year, but with water problems leaving it any length of time can do more damage.

Any one else had any leakage problems from the sundance range.

Joe

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
The one on US190 I was talking about is J&J RV Service. Their telephone number is 936-646-5471. They are open Tues-Sat. Their is another one on Hwy 146 South in Livingston (not too far from Escapees End of the Rainbow RV Park) that is Joel West RV Repair, telephone number is 936-327-2611. The telephone number for the RV Shack is 936-328-5698. I hope this gives you some resources. You should also be aware that Joe French at Camping World in Katy, Tx can help you. They have a place you can camp onsight and if you contact Joe he can work with you. They are Heartland dealers so that could be your best bet. You can reach Joe French at
830.743.2324 – cell

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Hi all

Water pressure was low at RV site and yes I made a mistake by not checking city water hook up.

I have been in contact with a dealer in Conroe. He cannot do any work on the rig until mid Feb, but if I can get storage arranged in the local area he will let me leave it with him on Fri or Sat and he will sort the problem out. Once finished he will make arrangements to have the rig transferred to the storage yard (fee to be arranged).

I know that the warranty lasts for a year, but with water problems leaving it any length of time can do more damage.

Any one else had any leakage problems from the sundance range.

Joe
Sorry to hear about your problems....I am expecting my new 287RL XLT to arrive this Sat. I will hooking up a water hose to it before the driver leaves.