Door Side security light

2010augusta

How is the wiring ran to the front security light? I want to install another switch so I can turn it off while my porch light is on. Are they suppose to be on the same circuit/switch?

2010augusta

Still have not received any feedback from the factory on this issue. I just want to be able to turn off the security light and leave the porch light on. How can I do that on my 2010 Landmark Augusta #204085.

Thanks

jbeletti

Alan,

These are to be separate circuits. Yours must be wired wrong from the factory. Hopefully the problem is behind the switch panel and easily correctable.

Jim

2010augusta

I don't know if it is wired "wrong" but it is probably wired different. Here is a picture of the switches on my control panel. Is this different than others?

Attachments

• DSCN1967 (Small).JPG
    DSCN1967 (Small).JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 46

scott b

smart light

Alan , have you looked at the Smart Light. It is a porch light that replaces your oem light. It comes with a built in motion sensor, they are offered at www.coilnwrap.com. We bought one and love it, i think that there were a few others on the forum that also purchased them and all gave great reviews.One other thing that we bought from them that works really good is the Extreme Vent, check them out when you go to there web site. Scott

jnbhobe

Alan, I would think there should be a third switch in the middle,one for the porch and one for the D/S security light.Pull the plate off and check the wires. They may just be spliced together in the wall. If so just add a switch and jumper in the right wires. That would be my first step.Thats the way my 3370 is with 3 switches. My 2 cents JON ;););)

cjbearden

Visitor
Our 2009 Augusta has the middle switch designated "Porch" so looks like you are missing that middle switch. Call the factory. May be reason yours is wired that way????

osims

bsims
That is different from mine, I have three switches. The third switch goes in the blank you have between your switches.
Bill

jpmorgan37

Alan;

I have four separate switches. One for each of the security lights, one for the porch light and one for the step light. Maybe it is a change in the Landmark since mine was built.

John

2010augusta

I removed the switch panel and there is not a splice that I can find/see. Access behind the panel is limited and the wires are all taped together.