Tires for the truck

dakotakid

I was wondering what Brand and tread type you all us on your trucks. I know E is the only way to go. I have the factory BFG rugged trails on now but looking at the Bfg At ot the Goodyear wrangler At with the silent armor stuff. Post some pics if you can.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I am not into agressive tread patterns because of the noise. Depending on what you are towing, as in hitch weight or pin weight, you may consider going up a size for a higher weight rating. Plenty of options. I have had the BFG and Goodyear tires. Liked the BFG. Sam's club.
Peace
Dave

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I just saw some Pirelli's on a guys Ford F250. I might take a closer look. Nice tread pattern and a pretty good looking tire too. Also to check the model and ratings.

2010augusta

I have a set of Hankook F rated tires, they are an "over the road tread," cause my my wheels are 19.5" Alcoas. they are silent on the highway and tread is holding up great. Just don't try towing a landmark across a sand pit with the truck in 2 wheel drive.

nhunter

I have bought 3 sets of Goodyear Silent Armours. They are excellent. I drive a lot of gravel, mud and snow for work. They are dead quite on the highway, have an 50.000m tread wear guarantee and a road hazard warranty. I get about 55000m on each set. The tread is not overly aggressive yet grippy enough to not get stuck.

jnbhobe

I forgot all about the Pirelli's, good looking tread, I also like Dayton commericial HT, Firestone Transforce,Bridgstone and Michelin. I look for a good road tire for the summer and a studable and sipped snow tread for the winter. JON ;) ;) ;)

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
I have a set of Hankook F rated tires, they are an "over the road tread," cause my my wheels are 19.5" Alcoas. they are silent on the highway and tread is holding up great. Just don't try towing a landmark across a sand pit with the truck in 2 wheel drive.

You too? Spent the night out.

2010augusta

ahhh. I'm a little slow tonight. thanks. the DW was out of town, so I was okay. just a little raking to smooth out the "yard" (sand pit).

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
Goodyears:eek: RUN!!!!!. I will never buy goodyear wranglers. Have had them on several trucks (came with them from factory) and never got good wear.

BFG A/T I have had good luck with in the past.

Me personally I only run straight tread tires now. Better wear and less noise.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
My 2006 F250 came with Pirelli's. I had a hole in one. It was actually like when they made the tire a bubble developed in the tread and no rubber filled in a 3" strip. The tread was very soft and did not ware very well. I replaced the tire on warranty but I changed them out to Michelin when I went fulltime. I also have Michelin XP Rib's on my BH.

Sam Marcum

North Trails Owner
I talked with Edgar who hauls RV's from Heartland Factory to a dealer in Tennessee.
He is getting 100,000 miles out of Michelin LTX AT2's and swears by them. I bought a set at Costco for around $800 and they did a very good job of mounting, balancing and torquing them. Also, they filled them with nitrogen.

wagenman

I wanted a oversized tire with a fairly aggressive tread pattern. So I went with the Nitto Terra Grappler A/T. I had BFD rugged's before this tire and I liked those also but they were no good in snow! The Nitto's are amazing in snow and during summer time just going down the road.

They are not any louder then the BFG's I had before, and so far are wearing very nice. And they are a E load rated tire!!!

I would buy these tires again...I love them!!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Wagenman,
Nice website. My Dad grew up there back in the days before D'Ham, the trash processing plant, and I-94. We must have moved my Grandma to every second floor flat in that city back in the '50's and 60's. I used to work at the old Cadillac plant on Clark St. and did lab support for D'Ham.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
I don't care what anyone tells you...junk any trailer tire made anywhere other than in a US Tire Plant.

I don't care who claims to have gotten 30K miles on an Indian Maypop or a China Bomb...30,000 miles? H*ll, I didn't get 30K feet on mine. The trailer was towed a little over 1400 miles, delivered, checked out and set up. The next day, I had two flats and a knot in the sidewall of a 3d.

It's Michellian, Good Year, or parked for this kid.

nhunter

I don't care what anyone tells you...junk any trailer tire made anywhere other than in a US Tire Plant.

I don't care who claims to have gotten 30K miles on an Indian Maypop or a China Bomb...30,000 miles? H*ll, I didn't get 30K feet on mine. The trailer was towed a little over 1400 miles, delivered, checked out and set up. The next day, I had two flats and a knot in the sidewall of a 3d.

Aw, come on Lefty, I have 3 year old China bombs on my 06 3600RL. They're still good

wyleyrabbit

Lefty,

Aren't many of the tires you just mentioned made in China?

Chris