Under belly cover.

jimtoo

Our unit, a 3055RL, was in for repairs recently. It necessary for them to open the belly cover for a water leak. The cover was cut in several places. The cover was just taped back in place and and the tape painted black. Is this type of repair to the cover approved by the factory? It is not anywhere near the type of repair that was posted by the moderator as he was told that the factory does. The tape was loose and coming off by the time I got home, a 110 mile drive. Needless to say it will be going back for repairs at some point, I just hope that the belly cover does not come loose while driving and fall down to the road.

Cooper

I would be smoking somebodys a---- and they would drive to my place and fix their mess. When my dealer screws up after I take my coach to them they will come to me. I realise that this is not normal for a dealer to do, but they understand how hard it is to bring it to the dealer.
Call your dealer ASAP and yell without cussing that just makes the mad.

Scott

Underbelly

Obviously, that is not an acceptable finish to an underbelly repair. When accessing a tank our service representatives would have given the following directions if the dealer would have contacted them:
Cut the abs underbelly material at the steel crossmembers ONLY. Then unattach it at one end at the I-Beam, and pull it down and out of the way (from one end only). Do that required repairs and then resecure the underbelly material along the same two steel crossmembers using screws and the same type of exterior trim molding that you see along the sides of coaches (either at the roof line, or at the lower metal line). This gives a nice, professional looking finish to the repair job and will never pull loose.

Sorry your dealer did such a hack job. They don't always contact us for assistance or direction when working on our coaches.

ST

ChopperBill

Just my observation, but wouldn't it be easier for all involved if the under belly was made into several sections. Once it is cut up you have compromised the one piece deal anyway. I generally do my own work and it sure would be easier for the consumer that way. And would keep dealers from doing the hurry up hack job.