Quick Note to the BBC...

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Hey Boys...it's me again. What's shakin' on the Thames tonight?

No, I'm not here to try to teach you (again) how to pronounce jalapeno...(hah-lah-peen-yo)...not jah-lah-peenja. And, I'm not here to complain about your saying Santa Ana...(Sahn-ta ah-nah) was the hero at the battle of San Antonio de Bexar (Sahn Ann-tony-o dee Bay-yar). We know better.

And, I don't care if your chili (chee-lay) recipe has beans (behn-ze) in it...if it's got beans (behn-ze), it AIN'T chili (chee-lay)...ya putzs (puhut-zuh-ss). This is Texas...(Tehx-zas).

But, could you guys pass on to the powers that be over there...that the next time I hear "Lord Whooo-evah" refer to us as "our cousins in the Colonies"...that I am personally prepared to reopen hostilities 'tween your country (kun-tree) and mine (mi-unh).

Y' know I thought we settled this (s**t) stuff in the late 1700's and again in New Orleans (Nu-Orleanz) around the 1812-1813 time frame. You guys still sick from all that swamp water??"

Oh, and we ain't torqued about your burning that Old White House on Penn. St.

Andy rebuilt it in about 3 weeks. You remember how good with his hands he is...

Your Buddy,

SSG Stumpy

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
All Righty-ooh. GAW-KA-MOOLY. Hey Lefty gettum killer. Was it you that sunk the HMS HOOD????:eek: Bobby-o:confused:

Peteandsharon

Hey Lefty,

If only we should be so lucky that a little arrogance and a few mispronunciations would be the only problem with the BBC. They're right up there with Al Jazeera and our own PBS in trying to twist reality to hurt this country. If ya really want to implement the fairness doctrine, those are the first three places ya need to start.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Hey Lefty,

If only we should be so lucky that a little arrogance and a few mispronunciations would be the only problem with the BBC. They're right up there with Al Jazeera and our own PBS in trying to twist reality to hurt this country. If ya really want to implement the fairness doctrine, those are the first three places ya need to start.

I used to listen to the BBC World Service from Hong Kong when I was in Vietnam...and they were good. The last time I listened here they were terrible...and if they got any further left...they'd be right.

Lord HawHaw is still around.