Do you have enough Insurance?

jpmorgan37

As I was having my 3rd cup of coffee this morning, I was thinking about all of the "stuff" that we have in our RV. I thought about some of the RV's that I've seen that were destroyed by various catastrophes and thought what it would cost to replace our "stuff" if that happened to us. We have full replacement coverage on the RV but when I looked at our policy, it only had a $3,000 coverage on contents. I called GMAC and had that increased to give us a reasonable replacement coverage. It's something that I hadn't thought about since we went full time. I hope we never need it, but at least, we are covered if we do. Just some food for thought

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
As I was having my 3rd cup of coffee this morning, I was thinking about all of the "stuff" that we have in our RV. I thought about some of the RV's that I've seen that were destroyed by various catastrophes and thought what it would cost to replace our "stuff" if that happened to us. We have full replacement coverage on the RV but when I looked at our policy, it only had a $3,000 coverage on contents. I called GMAC and had that increased to give us a reasonable replacement coverage. It's something that I hadn't thought about since we went full time. I hope we never need it, but at least, we are covered if we do. Just some food for thought

I have GMAC too...and I got 25K for the contents of my 3055RL. With $7500 satellite dish on top, computers, guns, TV's, my comic book collection and my other T-shirt...$3K just wasn't enough.

But, they charge a princely amount for that 25K.