Sundance With Shock Absorbers

deron1

Does anybody own a Sundance that has factory installed shock absorbers? I ordered my 2009 2900MK with shocks. When it arrived in Dec 08 it did not have the shocks on it. The dealer agreed to obtain them from Heartland and install them at no charge since I had essentially already bought them. I have had 2 coversations with Heartland Customer Service and they claim that shocks are not an option on the Sundance.

This contradicts the sales brochure and the pricing/order sheet that clearly states that shocks are an option and provides a cost.

If you have them or know anybody that does, please let me know.

Rmcgrath53

I have a Sundance ,bought a lmost a year ago ,and it has factory shocks. Also bought the trail air suspention. Between the two, I think that is why , when my son left a full glass of milk on the counter, and we stopped ,3 hours later ,that full glass of milk was still there.
ron

grizzlygiant

I just bought a 2009 Sundance 2800RLS and it has shocks with 6000 pound axels, 16" wheels. I, too, have a Trail Air pin and can leave stuff on the counters and it will not bounce off.

sandman

Hey deron1 i have a 2900rk sundance 2007 and it came with shocks, it was an option but it has them so dont let them tell you different ,bye.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Our 2009 2900MK with the 16" wheels and 6000lb axles has the "factory" shocks on it. Do you have the 15" wheels? Maybe that is the problem.

Gus

fishn2dmax

My 08 2900MK came with shocks as part of the 16" wheel 6000lb axle upgrade. I did notice the standard 15" wheels / 5000 lb axles do not have shocks.

deron1

Mine definitely came with the 6000# axles and 16" Wheels as ordered but they certainly forgot the shocks. I'll be calling them again tomorrow. Thanks for all the replies and confirming what I thought I knew. Was hoping I wasn't losing my mind.

grizzlygiant

Mine definitely came with the 6000# axles and 16" Wheels as ordered but they certainly forgot the shocks. I'll be calling them again tomorrow. Thanks for all the replies and confirming what I thought I knew. Was hoping I wasn't losing my mind.

Even with 6000# axels shocks are listed as an extra on the MSRP pricing list ($101). Perhaps this extra was not noted at the time the unit was ordered?

deron1

Well I got the definitive answer I was looking for yesterday. I ordered my 2009 Sundance 2900 MK w/ 6000# axles and 16" wheels and the optional shock absorbers in Sept. 08. I recieved my trailer in Dec. 08 but actually got a 2010 model. Found out from the factory that the 2010 is not available with the optional shock absorbers. But they have upgraded the suspension to the equi-flex by TrailAir due to many customers requests (they apparently do listen to us). The good news is that I paid for a 2010 model fully loaded at below the 2009 model year msrp for the base unit. The bad news is I don't get the shocks. Hopefully the new upgraded suspension will be OK. I really wanted the shocks but can live with it, especailally because of the deal I got. When I called the dealer to ask them to change the model year with DMV, they were shocked that I had the 2010 as per the VIN.

dreamer

I have never experienced a place that would sub an 2010 product for an 09 and not charge extra!!! Think car dealers here.
I have an 09 2900mk with shocks and installed the equiflex system myself. The shocks are a waste of money. The angle they have to be mounted at to clear everything makes them pretty well useless. Some of mine have already been bent and will not be replaced. Hope this helps:)

deron1

The dealer did not know that I had received a 2010 model year until I pointed it out to them. I didn't know until I provided the VIN to Heartland Customer Service, then they told me. Dealer is changing my paperwork with DMV to reflect 2010.

2010augusta

Same happened to me. I ordered in Oct to pick up on Nov 11. I got to the dealer to fill out paperwork and to both our surprise it was a 2010. Spoke with the factory and the change over was the previous week. what a nice surprise, but a PAIN to register. the State of Colorado (where I was living at time of purchase) could not register a 2010 until 2009, but by the first business day of 2009 I had to move to Texas (for a job).