Cracks on Loadstar tires...

caokgafamily

I know there have been all kinds of post about the china bombs, I'm starting to see little cracks on my sidewall were it goes from the top of the sidewall to the start of the thread. They are karrier loadstar tires on a 07 BH. What are the best tires I should replace them with and what you think I should be paying for tires & install ?

Thanks for the input...

Steve

caokgafamily

Smokeybare has some pics on another post of a bad Karrier tire. My cracks are the same spot as his pics show the tire and thread seperation. Funny we have the same year 07 BH and maybe similiar tire age, I guess that tells me I need to change them. I've probably only have 3000 K on my tires?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Our 3400 is an 07 also and we replaced our Karriers in the Spring of 08 after about 12,000 miles. We bought Goodyear G614's They are a heavier load range and you must make sure your wheels are capable of the heavier load range and higher psi. They are stamped on the rear of the wheel. So far, everyone with alloy/aluminum wheels has been good to go for the heavier tires. Goodyears should cost between $225 and $250 per tire installed plus taxes and disposal fees.

grizzlygiant

I second Goodyear G614's. I had perfect performance on my BH 3400 and have put the same on my new Sundance. Be sure to get steel valve stems when you make the switch.

vangoes

Steve,
I have just noticed the same cracks on my Loadstars............they are also on a 07 BH and they have approx. 12,000 miles on them. I'm midway on a trip, so I hope I dont have a separation before I return home next month. I guess its time to replace them, although it really goes against the grain to have to replace tires after only 2 1/2 years and 12,000 miles!!!!