12 volt outlet in 3670 or 3580?

skyguy

Been looking real hard at the 3580. Just got to sell my SOB first!

One thing I forgot to look for in these models is a 12 volt outlet - you know the "cigarette lighter" type. Is there one in these models, and where is it?

Al Schlafli

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
There SHOULD be one in each TV cabinet. The front TV cabinet usually contains the antenna amplifier also.

jbeletti

Al,

First, I like your choice of floor plans :) If the 3850 is like the Pinehurst, there will be a DC outlet at the TV prewire in the bedroom above the window. If there are anymore - I have yet to find them.

Jim

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We don't have one in our new 3370RL. I looked in all the places listed and didn't find one. We really don't need one because our phones both charge on 110 volt and thats all we ever used it for in the old trailer.

Shadowchek

I think I remember reading on here somewhere that the 09's didn't have them. As a matter of fact now that I think about it, at one point I was contemplating ordering a 09 sundance and one of the issues I was getting ready to tackle was to see if the factory could add a couple because they didn't come with any.

Greg

Pulltab

We do not have that model but ours did not come with a 12v outlet, I had to add one.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I guess I have to ask, what is the purpose of the 12V outlet, anyways? We had one in our TT, but never used it. We used the 110V chargers for the cell phones.

Pulltab

I guess I have to ask, what is the purpose of the 12V outlet, anyways? We had one in our TT, but never used it. We used the 110V chargers for the cell phones.
We have a fantastic fan box type that plugs into the outlet. That is the only thing we ever used it for unless we need the cb radio for something.

skyguy

About 80% of our "camping" is dry camping, John. We do have a Honda 2k genny that gives us AC when we need it, but we prefer to use it sparingly, and not bother our neighbors too much. (In Colorado, you seldom need air conditioning in the summer, especially in the high country.)

So we run cell phone chargers, laptop chargers, charge batteries for telescopes, and even small portable TV's off the main battery bank.

Yes, there are others ways around this, I'll agree. I plan on adding a 1k inverter, but I doubt I will totally eliminate the need for some DC voltage.

And one of the other short term goals is retirement - sell or close my business, then do some travelling / work kamping, at which point 99% of our "camping" won't be "camping" any more! :D

Al S.

lrmike

I think I remember reading on here somewhere that the 09's didn't have them. As a matter of fact now that I think about it, at one point I was contemplating ordering a 09 sundance and one of the issues I was getting ready to tackle was to see if the factory could add a couple because they didn't come with any.

Greg

Our '09 Sundance did not come with any 12V outlets. I have added one in the living room TV cabinet, though. I use it for the satellite radio - portable unit that I can switch from truck to camper. Also great for a small inverter if there is no shore power available.

Labatdorf

We have the 09 3370 and we don't have one. When I asked why they told me I would have to add one on my own. They could do it at the dealership but would charge me to add.
Like you we do some dry camping and to run a TV on 12 volt would be nice.