Apollo Microwave

I have a Apollo Microwave/convection/half time oven. On the back wall there is a small indentation in the formation wall, like a small rectangular box. It has an arear about the size of a dime that looks like it is burning from behind the wall, like a drop of welding rod was dripped on it. Does anyone else have this? This is in our Big Horn model 3670RL.

Jim/rsvl/AR

We have the Apollo half time oven and it has the rectangular box on the back wall but it is smooth with no apparent burning.

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired
Apollo Half Time Oven plugs???

We have had our Big Horn since April 07 and the Apollo Half Time has had a lot of problems. It it time to change it as you never know when it will or will not work.
I noticed the plug is a three prong but not the same as a three prong in the house. The two flat prongs are perpendicular to each other. I noticed the outlet in the wall in the cupboard looks like it will take a regular three prong plug.
Questions;
1. Does anyone know what type of Micro wave they are using in BH now?
2. Will the plug in the wall accept a regular micro wave you would purchase in a appliance store instead of an RV Dealer and can you put a regular house hold Micro Wave in an RV?
3. How do you remove the microwave the frame around it looks like it has caps over possible screws. Do they just pop out?
Thank you for any assistance you can give me.
Wayne & Gayle

TXBobcat

Fulltime
We have not had any problem with our Apollo MW. It is on it's own 20a circuit. The plug is a 20a plug and so is the receptacle.
It had only one plug location rather than the normal 2 per receptacle. The Receptacle will take either the 20a or the 15a.
The box the receptacle was mounted in was difficult to take out and apart. I could not use it with the new double plug receptacle I purchased. You can put any microwave in the trailer that will fit in the existing opening. Electrically any microwave that does not pull more than 20 amps will work.
With the new receptacle I can now plug in an additional electrical heater as long as I do not use the microwave at the same time.

BC

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired
WHen changing Mico in BH trailer what type is Heartland using now? Will the black plastic frame fit or do you purchase a new frame?
Regards
Wayne

kkamshop

Our Landmark has a Dometic convection microwave - don't know if it is the same size as the Apollo.