What are these for? help?

2010augusta

I was looking at my slide awnings this morning and noticed that all four have a "clip thingy" at the leading edge on the coach. What are they or what purpose do they serve?

Attachments

• DSCN1728 (Small).JPG
    DSCN1728 (Small).JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 108
  • DSCN1734 (Small).JPG
    DSCN1734 (Small).JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 109

jnbhobe

Thats the stop for the anti-billowing device. There is an arm on the roller, when the slide is in it will prevent the slide awning from unrolling in the wind going down the road. Hope that answers your question. JON :D :D :D

talley

If you know...is the anti-bellowing device pictured a feature on new awnings or can it be used with older models? Any knowledge on it's effectiveness? I have read some on this forum about awning unrolling while traveling and have considered doing something... but have not taken any action yet.

BTW... small world, about two weeks ago one of your fellow Erie residents (lives on Clark Road) dropped his 5th wheel on the highway in front of our property in Victoria, Texas. His hitch opened when he pulled out of RV park across the highway. Got it towed onto our property and used a couple of floor jacks to get him re-hooked. Nice older gentleman traveling alone to South Texas.

We were glad to help him out. Before he left he gave us a bottle of table wine from Presque Isle Wine Cellars. I gathered that he grows some grapes he sells to the winery. Have not tried the wine yet :confused:. If its good :p we will be sure to include a visit to vineyard on planned trip to Niagara Falls:rolleyes:.

jnbhobe

Talley; First things first, the awnings are slide out awnings. The anti-billowing device has been standard on every unit I've had since 1999, thats two TT and Three Fifth-wheels. All were A & E (dometic) don't know about other brands.I know they won't let the awning unroll. Now about the guy from Erie, We only live about 2mi from Clark Rd. Did you happen to get his name?? I know a bunch of people on Clark. If your going to the falls give us a call we are only a couple of miles from I-90 and the winerys are just down the road. JON :) :):D :D

talley

Jon, There must be different models of the awning... I have the same brand, however do not have that device. Anyway, I sent you a PM with the name of the fellow who had the incident with his trailer.

Jerry

jnbhobe

Talley; I looked at the A&E and Dometic web sites. They make 3 models deluxe,elite and a covered model, It says the anti bollowing device is an option on the elite model.I found it on the PPL motor home site, $20 its got to be easy to install. I'll have to look up the guy on Clark Rd. when he gets back to town. Are you going to the Goshen IN. rally ?? JON ;););)

talley

That's one of the perks of being retired... take off at a moments notice:). We have not made any final decisions on our Spring trip, but the time is getting short. It looks like this one may be thru southern states for some geneology interest and see what gold prospectting activity is about. About two years ago we spend several days at the Crater of Diamonds in Arkansas and enjoyed the visit. Didn't find any diamonds, but did find some diamond quality :confused: quartz.

If you do contact Richard give him our regards, we still have not tried the wine.

Jerry